Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2015, 08:38 PM   #1
Retired IT Manager (NERD)

Lake of the Ozarks bound

First time Berk is going to work a little harder than just the toad
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1441503516999.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	87914  
Neanderthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 08:46 PM   #2

Looks like you are going to have a good time. Will you launch the boat with the Berk?
Old 09-05-2015, 08:50 PM   #3

Nice picture, looks like they go good together.

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
5456Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 09:04 PM   #4

No will have marina do it. Rather be safe than sorry
Old 09-05-2015, 09:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
First time Berk is going to work a little harder than just the toad

Go a bit farther and hit Table Rock Lake near Branson. It makes Lake of the Ozarks look like a swamp.

When I went there first time in the early 70's you could walk out on the beach to your neck and see your feet.

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 09:20 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
No will have marina do it. Rather be safe than sorry

Good plan, even though I have launched boats all my life, I would be a bit nervous to launch one with my moho.
Old 09-06-2015, 09:58 AM   #7

Depends

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowho View Post
Go a bit farther and hit Table Rock Lake near Branson. It makes Lake of the Ozarks look like a swamp.

When I went there first time in the early 70's you could walk out on the beach to your neck and see your feet.

Boowho??
Depends on your type of enjoyment. If you're into T & A and the party crowd, Lake of the Ozarks is where's it at. Table Rock is less used, so you can get out, power up to full throttle and enjoy the beauty of the shoreline and the surrounding hills without fear of getting ran over or flipped on 4' wakes!
gfarmcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 10:36 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfarmcafe View Post
Depends on your type of enjoyment. If you're into T & A and the party crowd, Lake of the Ozarks is where's it at. Table Rock is less used, so you can get out, power up to full throttle and enjoy the beauty of the shoreline and the surrounding hills without fear of getting ran over or flipped on 4' wakes!
My Son and his friends week skiing and whatever so T & A crowd if it was me and the wife table rock for sure.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:49 AM   #9

Quote:
I used to water ski from the bridge at Kimberling City to the floating restuarant near the TR dam, have breakfast then ski back to KC. Non-stop (about 18 miles, total) both ways.

Those were the days........ BTW, did you know that TRL has over 1200 miles of shoreline?

Boowho??
Old 09-06-2015, 11:03 AM   #10

Quote:
I used to water ski from the bridge at Kimberling City to the floating restuarant near the TR dam, have breakfast then ski back to KC. Non-stop (about 18 miles, total) both ways.

Those were the days........ BTW, did you know that TRL has over 1200 miles of shoreline?

Boowho??
Wow! We're very familiar with that area. We camped at Long Creek for years and enjoyed that end of the lake. Quiet. Hear Bass Pro has it now. We rented a lot of water craft from the Cage family down there. Lot's of memories with our two sons!
gfarmcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 11:17 AM   #11

Quote:
Wow! We're very familiar with that area. We camped at Long Creek for years and enjoyed that end of the lake. Quiet. Hear Bass Pro has it now. We rented a lot of water craft from the Cage family down there. Lot's of memories with our two sons!
GFC.... I should hasten to add that it was on a single (slalom) ski.

BUT, there's a couple of tricks to it..... The water each time was like a sheet of glass, PLUS I used one of those split handles where instead of a single 12-16 inch handle you had two each about 6-8 inches long.

With a good firm tug, to get a bit of slack in the rope, I could get those two handles around behind my back and grip them with one hand. In that way, all the "pull" was on my hips, so arms didn't get tired/sore. Since water was so smooth, legs didn't get tired/sore either. There, my cheating ways are exposed.

Basically, I figured that using that method, I could have gone on indefinitely.

Gawd, I miss those days. I first went here 40 years ago and spent every 2 week vacation for almost 25 years on that lake.

Boowho??
Old 09-07-2015, 09:06 AM   #12

Quote:
GFC.... I should hasten to add that it was on a single (slalom) ski.

BUT, there's a couple of tricks to it..... The water each time was like a sheet of glass, PLUS I used one of those split handles where instead of a single 12-16 inch handle you had two each about 6-8 inches long.

With a good firm tug, to get a bit of slack in the rope, I could get those two handles around behind my back and grip them with one hand. In that way, all the "pull" was on my hips, so arms didn't get tired/sore. Since water was so smooth, legs didn't get tired/sore either. There, my cheating ways are exposed.

Basically, I figured that using that method, I could have gone on indefinitely.

Gawd, I miss those days. I first went here 40 years ago and spent every 2 week vacation for almost 25 years on that lake.

Boowho??

I didn't know boats had motors waaaaay back when you were younger😈

Paul
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Paulie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:31 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Boy View Post
I didn't know boats had motors waaaaay back when you were younger😈

Paul
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
They didn't..... We had 50 oarsmen rowing for all they were worth!!!

Boowho??