Old 04-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #11
Originally Posted by DDKND View Post
Today when flushing the antifreeze out of the lines, water started coming out from under the trim plate at the base of the refrigerator. I shut the water supply off beneath the bathroom sink to stop the stream. Any idea on how to check where the line might be leaking without removing the fridge?
Based on your description, I'm betting the problem is a cracked manifold valve outside in the access compartment. Its hard to see cause its insulated with silver tape and electric 12v element wire. Its happened on this forum a few time already. Problem is valve is hard plastic and if not disconnected and drained the water is trapped within, if freezing its the first to fail. Mine has one 12 volt valve for on door water and behind it is a 117volt for icemaker feed, could be either. Two winters ago when I started back up forgot to tighten one line at bottom of valve. It leaked into the interior just like yours. Just had to tighten up, but I had it drained during the winter. Hope you find it!

VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #12
Originally Posted by lindy View Post
While I don't have a Berkshire, or a TT with and ice maker in the fridge, it seems I've seen this issue on a number of forums about the ice maker line leaking in the spring. It seems that when winterizing the line to the ice maker gets forgotten, and then freezes over the winter. I've never had and ice maker even here at home, for future reference are they really worth the trouble and loss of space in the freezer?
Depends on how much you like having ice for a cold beverage....for me, it's one of my favorite "extras" in my Berkshire....use it all the time. To each his own!

2011 Berkshire 390BH-602013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited "Oscar Mike"
CanWeGoDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #13
Future Berkshire Owner
I agree CWGD. I grew up south if Houston so virtually every liquid that goes into my my mouth has ice floating in it! I love the ice maker. When mine was down, I had many ice cube trays in there to keep up with my demand and the volume of those trays plus another reservoir to hold made ice cubes is about the same as the auto maker plus its bin. I suppose if you always camp in more northern climes and fancy coffee and hot chocolate over iced tea and probably wouldn't want the ice maker.

Joker is offline   Reply With Quote