Old 06-21-2015, 01:10 PM   #11

Thanks to all who are helping me try to sort out the issue.

I don't believe that the leak is actually tied into the outside shower. I only turned on that valve because it was closer than running up and inside to turn on a faucet.

With that said though, I will be doing each faucet separately now to verify my diagnostics.

Old 06-21-2015, 01:27 PM   #12

Hank, the leak is definitely on the backside of the tank/wet bay and is coming out from the frame directly in front of the back wheel, on the leftside frame of the tank/wet bay, above the basement ceiling AND the rig is in my sloped driveway with the front end lower.

See pix for actual location of drip/leak.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Overall edit 2.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	360.8 KB
ID:	80629  

Old 06-21-2015, 03:03 PM   #13

Sorry for my misinterpretation, but I thought that you were talking about the wet bay on the drivers side.

Yes in the wet bay on the passenger side, there is many valves and couplings and chances for a leak. By opening up the not too convenient door and poking around, should be able to see where the leak is. It could just be that one of the valves like the anti-freeze insertion valve is not quite shut. You have to get down on the ground and remove the two clips holding the compartment door closed. Then you need someone to hold the door up. As I said, "Not too convenient". Good Luck
Old 06-21-2015, 03:15 PM   #14

Hank, in the picture I posted you can see that I have the what I call the tank door open. I prop it open with a long board (in pix).
Are you referring to the bypass valve to allow you to draw anti-freeze into the system (instead of pulling water from the fresh water tank)?
If so, that valve actually sits at the basement (tank) floor level. The drip/leak is above there, at the hinge area, top left.
Old 06-21-2015, 08:59 PM   #15
7 Year Class A RV'er

Possibly a dumb question, but have you checked the pressure relief valve inside the heater cabinet to make sure it's not popped or leaking? That would release water into the heater cabinet, which could then follow any line coming into or out of the cabinet to a lower point, then dripping. Just a thought, but very easy to check. The pop off valve is immediately behind the control panel on the left side of the cabinet after you remove the access door. Good luck.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, hot water, leak, water, water heater