Old 03-16-2015, 08:31 AM   #1
Leaky Vanity Faucet

Both the hot and cold faucet valves leak water beneath the sink when they are turned on. I took off the handles and tightened the valve nut which is all plastic. Not sure if I worsened it.

Anyone with a similar experience. I am tempted to just replace with a more solid unit.

Gale & Hank- 2012 Berkshire 390BH
I-RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:55 AM   #2
Use (Home Type) Lowes/HD! Youroo!! USA Flag!

youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 05:06 PM   #3
Have not taken mine apart yet but do they have a washer ... If so replace the washer ... only costs a few cents.

Disconnect water
Remove tap handle
In screw valve
Remove.screw holding washer and replace.

Good luck
lefaivre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 05:13 PM   #4
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Use (Home Type) Lowes/HD! Youroo!! USA Flag!

Dump the plastic thing in the trash and buy a nice one.
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:07 AM   #5
Just like to put closure to the problem that I posted. I found the problem; namely some knucklehead (me) took the faucet spout aerator off to clean it and then cross threaded it when putting it on. Thereby, every time the water was turned on, some of it leaked from the aerator down the inside of the spout cover to the sink and down inside to the vanity. The faucet is totally all plastic and rubber washers; no metal. The spout hanging over the sink is only a decorative shell that has a plastic tube in it.

On another subject, namely the kitchen faucet, I have been trying to install a beautiful Moen unit that I had laying around. I found the plumbing fitting in the MH that goes to the faucet to be all wrong for the Moen. It is a large female fitting and the Moen is a small 3/8" female. Obviously as sex goes, two females can't couple (LOL). Thank's to Home Depot, the Watts LFA-124 adapter.
Gale & Hank- 2012 Berkshire 390BH
I-RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:40 AM   #6
I have a Phoenix faucet in my fiver that had a broken plastic hold down nut\ring. The cartridge also dripped constantly. I could not remove the cartridge for replacement so I called Phoenix and they sent me a brand new complete faucet in antique brass for FREE.
I replaced the cheap hold down nuts with steel ones I had laying around and Voila! A new setup for nothing. It might be worth a call before spending any $$.

2010 Cedar Creek 5th Wheel 34SATS "The Beast"
2006 Ford F350 Lariat 6.0L Diesel
2003 Harley Heritage Softail "Hogzilla"
1988 Harley Softail Custom "The Fireman"
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

faucet, leak