Old 12-09-2015, 08:35 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
Doesn't really matter whether you lock the doors or not if there are other Berkshire owners there. All the keys, except for the ignition and upper lock on the door, are the same for all Berkshires.
Same for most other campers Tom. Our 5er's "house" key is one of @ 3 patterns for all Rockwoods. In fact, if you are a dealer you have a master key that will open the "house" lock of virtually every Forest River tow behind. The deadbolt (like the upper lock on the Berk & other FR MoHos), however, is another matter. This is why at Goshen if you give the tech permission to enter your rig while you are away, they tell you to only lock the unit's "House" lock and not the deadbolt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman94 View Post
Are you serious?
Too True Rich.

Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 08:38 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
Just close your door hard. Then it will probably work or just push on it easy. It will lock.

Now if you ever get locked out!! Go around to your driver seat sliding window. Put some pressure on window to open it with one hand. With the palm of your other hand smack the window right at the lock. Window will push right open. Don't ask me how I know !!

Then get something to climb on and try to wiggle you fat xxx thru the window. Well my fat xxx. Anyway

Russell
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post
been there done that! Both of us in pajamas, 7 a.m., raining, 39 degrees, RV park office closed, keys in coach. We huddled under the door awning for about 20 minutes. Then I recall that the window over the couch was not locked, but it's a long way up there. We pulled a picnic table up near the side, I got on all fours Nickie stood on my back And I boosted her through the window. After that we now leave all the windows unlocked and I have a folding ladder in the basement. We can laugh about it now!
You guys are KILLING me! OH! The visuals at 0730 reading this with my 1st cup of coffee of the day!

OK Dan, I'll bite...what the HELL were you doing outside in PJs in 39 deg weather? And both of you? And how did the door lock?

You started the story and inquiring minds want to know!

Russell...you owe us a story as well!

Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 08:58 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
You guys are KILLING me! OH! The visuals at 0730 reading this with my 1st cup of coffee of the day!

OK Dan, I'll bite...what the HELL were you doing outside in PJs in 39 deg weather? And both of you? And how did the door lock?

You started the story and inquiring minds want to know!

Russell...you owe us a story as well!
X2!! Didn't think of that! Both outside in PJ's and door locked! And raining! Let us know.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 08:58 AM   #44

I could of finished my story!! Now you can spill your coffee.

I was at air show in Wisc locked door. Lost my key. That when I figured out how to open window. It was raining !! I'm vertically challenged!! Fat also !! Can hardly reach the window!! All basements are locked!! I had two 4 x4 blocks that I used to set my grill on!!

Sooooo I set the two blocks on top of each other under the window. I had a fold up lawn chair!! I leaned chair against coach. Stepped on the two blocks hanging on the window frame Was able to step on top of tire then on the top of the folding chair. ( real safe !! ) got my big belly rolled over the window sill. Thus scratching and abusing my beautiful belt overhang !! Wiggled and fall into driver seat!! Then to the floor where I just stayed for a bit till the old ticker caught back up !!

So later the Grandson shows up. His 6' 2". Lean as can be. He says why you not wait for me to get here and I would of gone thru window !! You know kids are really smart. Or smartxxx. Not sure which. Lol

So we set there in the rain and grandson says. Hey that would make a good video. Lets recreate it. There is no video. So you can guess what I told him. Ha.

Russell
Old 12-09-2015, 10:17 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
X2!! Didn't think of that! Both outside in PJ's and door locked! And raining! Let us know.
We had picked it up in Elkhart and we're headed home to Texas. I believe it was only our second night in the motorhome. You know how it is the first few days of ownership, we had stepped out to admire our beautiful rig. The internal door lock is just under the handle and it easy to accidentally lock it while exiting. And I still swear I didn't do it. :-)
Old 12-09-2015, 05:13 PM   #46

Little things ( review )

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
The dead bolt is the hard one on my coach to lock. Have to apply some pressure to the door to get it to lock. Just real tight on the deadbolt.

Russell

Ours as well had it on the list for factory to fix last visit they told me it was working fine. I replied it's working fine not working?

Wayne