Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2017, 01:18 PM   #1
BobbyJ

Lost Counter Space -- Induction Stove Top

I noticed by changing from the gas to the induction cook top on the 2018 Berkshire XL there will be a loss of counter space, as the gas version had an in-line solid cover, while the induction is installed flush--no cover. We are a little apprehensive about using the cook top as counter. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas to "cover" the cooktop while not in use, adding to the now missing counter space?

Any creative ideas would be appreciated.

Best regards,

BobbyJ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4976.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	143612  
Bobbyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 02:22 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyj View Post
I noticed by changing from the gas to the induction cook top on the 2018 Berkshire XL there will be a loss of counter space, as the gas version had an in-line solid cover, while the induction is installed flush--no cover. We are a little apprehensive about using the cook top as counter. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas to "cover" the cooktop while not in use, adding to the now missing counter space?

Any creative ideas would be appreciated.

Best regards,

BobbyJ
Is it absolutely flush or does it stick up a little bit? In either case a large cutting board could work - something big enough to cover the whole top side to side or top to bottom, or both.

visit our website at www.restcure.ca
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:59 PM   #3

Get in touch with Randy at the factory, tell him what you need or want. He may be able to have a cover made out of the same countertop material you have in your coach. I'm sure this would not be free but would be the best option.

Newmar owners had the same problem, a few got together and Newmar made them some covers.
Old 07-06-2017, 12:51 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
Get in touch with Randy at the factory, tell him what you need or want. He may be able to have a cover made out of the same countertop material you have in your coach. I'm sure this would not be free but would be the best option.

Newmar owners had the same problem, a few got together and Newmar made them some covers.

My wife & I just looked at a 2018 Berkshire XLT 43C today and the induction cooktop was recessed into the counter top. No lost counter space when not using it.
CRL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 09:44 PM   #5
BobbyJ

The 40C is definitely flush. I sent a request to ask for a cover to our salesman at Motorhomes2Go, hoping he would forward to Tim and Randy. We will see if they have any ideas. The coach is back in the factory for a second time with "paint/finish" and other minor issues? I asked to have the slides adjusted to a better fit on the sidewall. We have yet to take delivery. Hope they get it fixed soon.

Thanks everyone for the ideas.

BJ
Bobbyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 11:32 AM   #6

I believe some of the Entegra folks have some type of cover or cutting board they sell to cover the cook top.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:49 PM   #7

We have been using ours for extra counter space now for about a year with no issues. Just make sure that what you set on the cooktop is not ferrous metal...just in case
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote