Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2014, 08:44 PM   #1

LP gas sensor inline fuse location

I have a 2013 390FL and couldn't get any gas to flow today. Turns out there was no current coming to the gas sensor/warning device inside the coach and that in turn caused the solenoid switch at the tank to shut down the supply line. I called Randy at the plant and after checking with the factory guys he said the inline fuse must be blown and that it is located somewhere in the basement area, but they didn't know exactly where. The mobile RV service guy I called and I looked everywhere in the cargo bay areas and could not find a fuse. It is not part of the main fuse area in front of the left front tire.
No fuse, no gas, no furnace, no shower. HELP!!!! Has anyone else had this issue or know generally where that fuse is located. Apparently on the newer models it is with the inverter area, but not on my unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Southern Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 11:22 PM   #2
Berkshire 390QS

Can't help with the fuse, but did you reset your CO dector?
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 06:41 AM   #3

I have a 2008 Berkshire. While I have not had this problem I have found two fuses in the inverter bay on the inside right side wall as you are looking at the inverter. They are coming out of a plastic encloser. Could one of these be the fuse you are looking for?

I continue to find these inline fuses. Can be a real Pain in the *****. They should never be used or should be well identified.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 09:30 PM   #4

I agree with silver, there is a s**tload of these inline fuses all over the coach and most are not identified as to what they belong to.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:36 PM   #5

Actually the inverter area is the first place the factory rep told me to look. After a thorough examination of that area I called back and told him there was no fuse of any kind in that week compartment. He then decided, after consulting with the factory guys that it was somewhere in the basement cargo area, but they didn't know exactly where. I have crawled all through the basement and not found a single fuse. If it is there it is well hidden.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-10-2015, 12:12 AM   #6

Has anyone in the history of Berkshire ever found this fuse? I'm about 8 hrs away from getting a 3/8" coupling and removing the solenoid.

Gottawonder
Gottawonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:15 AM   #7

Gottawonder
I finally found it on my 2013 Berkshire 390FL. It is located in the compartment where the 50amp power cord is stored during transit. Facing the compartment it is on the upper lever where the converter is housed and is on the left side wall above a series of electrical connections. It is a 5amp fuse inserted into a pigtail link. I hope this is where it is on your rig since I know how frustrating it was to find mine. I had my solinoid removed unfortunately due to inability to find the fuse and I'm now trying to decide whether to have it reinstalled
Good luck
Old 07-10-2015, 07:16 AM   #8

Southern Roamer: We went crazy once with the gas detector when a liquid spill went into it. I pulled the detector out of the wall and after figuring the wiring, I was about ready to cut and splice wires when it started to work again. Besides my story, have you found that you do not have any 12 volts on any of the detector wires in back of the detector?

When the electrical wires are not exposed, I use a small safety pin to pierce the insulation for the voltmeter.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:54 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Roamer View Post
Gottawonder
I finally found it on my 2013 Berkshire 390FL. It is located in the compartment where the 50amp power cord is stored during transit. Facing the compartment it is on the upper lever where the converter is housed and is on the left side wall above a series of electrical connections. It is a 5amp fuse inserted into a pigtail link. I hope this is where it is on your rig since I know how frustrating it was to find mine. I had my solinoid removed unfortunately due to inability to find the fuse and I'm now trying to decide whether to have it reinstalled
Good luck

On my 2015 I found two fuses in that compartment one is label # 3 the other #15 no clue what numbers mean.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:01 PM   #10

Thanks all. I had 12v at the solenoid so it is bad. Pulled the hose off of it, cracked tank valve, no gas. Didnt want to start tearing stuff up until I had spares located, found a trailer shop who had a regulator so I had him put new fittings on each end so I could just bolt that in (sans solenoid) and go on with my day. If I ever find the fuse I will pull it. Wires taped up for now
Old 07-10-2015, 03:54 PM   #11

Great troubleshooting GottaWonder and getting out of a jam.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:48 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-RV View Post
Great troubleshooting GottaWonder and getting out of a jam.
Yeah we are in Branson, MO for a few days and solenoid just quit. No alarm (LP detector tested out fine) and here we were on Day 2 with hot water at 8:30am and none at 10:30am. All new parts sounded more fun that tearing the whole assembly apart and cleaning and re-doping fittings. When i get bored at home I'll decide whether to replace the solenoid valve and salvage the old regulator and re-plumb it for a backup.

Thanks to everyone for their replies. I may make a factory run this year and I'll see if they can find the fuse holder. Really no reason not to put that in the same place every time.

I know this, there are some great people on the Berkshire forum. Thanks to all who replied.

Gottawonder
Old 07-12-2015, 03:36 PM   #13

I have a 2014 390RB & found the 5 amp fuse in the inverter compartment on the left side wall!! Here are a couple pictures: Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1436733304.209943.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	82675Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1436733353.062915.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	82676
glevron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 08:35 PM   #14

Yep, I kept looking immediately ABOVE all that for an inline fuse . With your photo, it's now perfectly visible. DOH. Imagine instead of a a 1" "5" they'd written a 1/2" 5 with LP below it!

Thanks,
Gottawonder

Tags
cat, fuse, gas, location