Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2018, 04:00 PM   #1

M10 Magnadyne System Question

Hey guys. New here to the M10 unit so still learning it. The unit seems to not let me view the cameras while I’m driving unless I hit one of the blinkers. How can I change this to allow me to view them whenever I want while I’m driving? I like to have a view of the rear camera while driving. I’m assuming there’s a hack for this?
Old 11-18-2018, 05:07 PM   #2

Eagle, on the left of the radio. Press the "Home" button. That takes you to the main screen. Then tap on the camera icon. Once the camera view comes up, touch the right side of the screen and the options for "left, right, rear" will appear. You can select the camera to view from there. If you put your directional on, it should go back to the rear view after the directional goes off.
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 05:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZNEDY View Post
Eagle, on the left of the radio. Press the "Home" button. That takes you to the main screen. Then tap on the camera icon. Once the camera view comes up, touch the right side of the screen and the options for "left, right, rear" will appear. You can select the camera to view from there. If you put your directional on, it should go back to the rear view after the directional goes off.
Yea Ive only driven it home from Indiana. That's it.

So when I tried to press the "camera" icon, nothing happens (when driving), but then if i was stopped/parked, tapping on that icon worked. So I just assumed that it was one of those big brother safety mechanisms.
Eagle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:15 PM   #4

I can change mine while driving. You should be able to just tap the camera icon and the camera will come in the screen. It might be an upgrade in the M10, which I have but not installed. So the best thing to do is put your camera on when you're stopped and see if you can change it. Then you can switch between gps and rear view camera all day long.
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
Old 11-18-2018, 07:17 PM   #5

When I left the factory I could not get my rear camera to come on either. At my first stop I found that it would come on if I had the emergency brake on. It was wired wrong. I ended up cutting the blue wire on my 212 radio.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:45 PM   #6

On the M10 you should be able to see all cameras whenever you want Nd be able to select them in motion.
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
Old 11-18-2018, 07:51 PM   #7

If you can’t get it to function correctly don’t be shy about calling Magnadyne. We had an issue and their technical help on the phone was very good. My version is no doubt older than yours so possibly changed but I can access pretty much anything except base settings moving or not.
Old 11-19-2018, 08:21 AM   #8

I can get to all of my cameras while driving as well. Sounds like a wiring problem and calling FR would be a good idea (they will most likely refer to you Magnadyne like mentioned by Igave).
Pacific Northwest
Subsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 08:42 AM   #9

Thanks for the help. I just assumed it was set like that on purpose for some “safety” measure. I call them up and see what I can find out
Old 11-19-2018, 07:50 PM   #10

When we were at the factory back in May we were told that we would be able to view all 3 cameras simultaneously but there is no mention of how to do this in the M10 manual. Have emailed Magnadyne tech support but haven't heard anything back from them. Any ideas?
CRL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 07:11 PM   #11

M10 Magnadyne System Question

One other thing I figured out last week. I called Magnadyne to ask them if they had any map updates. Not right now, but they do have an update for the camera. It updates the camera view so that if you have the rear view camera on the screen and use a turn signal, once the turn signal is off, it defaults back to the rear view.
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
Old 11-21-2018, 09:38 PM   #12

Quote:
One other thing I figured out last week. I called Magnadyne to ask them if they had any map updates. Not right now, but they do have an update for the camera. It updates the camera view so that if you have the rear view camera on the screen and use a turn signal, once the turn signal is off, it defaults back to the rear view.

Good to know.

I got the camera working now to show the rear while driving. I think the problem was that my phone was connected to the magnadyne via Bluetooth and I was talking on the phone at the time I tried to press the camera icon and it wasn’t working. Bc now when I press it, the camera shows and it’s all good

However, at night time the rear camera is non existent. As the sun goes down there becomes a blue glow/hue that starts to take over the screen and you can’t see a damn thing. In the morning it’s fine when the suns up. Not sure what that’s about.
Old 11-22-2018, 08:59 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5 View Post
Good to know.

I got the camera working now to show the rear while driving. I think the problem was that my phone was connected to the magnadyne via Bluetooth and I was talking on the phone at the time I tried to press the camera icon and it wasn’t working. Bc now when I press it, the camera shows and it’s all good

However, at night time the rear camera is non existent. As the sun goes down there becomes a blue glow/hue that starts to take over the screen and you can’t see a damn thing. In the morning it’s fine when the suns up. Not sure what that’s about.

My camera does the same thing at night. I had Forest River change the camera thinking it was defective but the new camera is even worse than the original. At night these cameras are useless.
Mmnsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 02:18 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmnsc View Post
My camera does the same thing at night. I had Forest River change the camera thinking it was defective but the new camera is even worse than the original. At night these cameras are useless.

I wonder if there’s a much better camera that’s the same size and same mounting place, etc and I can just buy that as an upgrade and it will seamlessly work with the magnadyne and everything. Should have some sort of decent night vision
Old 11-22-2018, 08:13 PM   #15

Quote:

How do you get the update?
CRL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 09:39 PM   #16

Just give them a call and let them know what you have and they will mail it to you
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
Old 11-27-2018, 10:01 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmnsc View Post
I should tell you .... I washed my RV for the first time AFTER i posted about the camera. And I ran the brush over the camera lens while I was back there. After that, it worked at night. No more blue screen. (until it got dirty again 24hrs later and blued on me again)

so I think it does that blue screen crap when there's something on the outside lens. it just gets so easily dirty
Eagle5 is offline   Reply With Quote