Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2016, 05:02 PM   #21

Used the poop cannon for the first time today easy quick not messy did good. Jim
jrlebaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:44 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlebaron View Post
Used the poop cannon for the first time today easy quick not messy did good. Jim
LOVE what you are calling it!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 01:15 PM   #23

Macerator Pump concern

My 2017 3500 Sprinter Conversion/Coachman had been in storage for three months. I took it on a two month road trip and after the first five days I was ready to "dump the pooper". To my shock my macerator pump did not work. I took it to an RV dealer and he was quite reluctant to open up the macerator while it contain a "full load".
He got under the vehicle and started tapping around on the macerator box and after about five minutes it started to function (all the while I was pressing the start button)
This seized little motor is a vital component to our lives.
Is there any thing that should be done to ensure that this never happens again?
My past sprinter just had a gravity flow dumping hose and gravity has never failed me.
sincerely
billkeitel
bill keitel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:56 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill keitel View Post
My 2017 3500 Sprinter Conversion/Coachman had been in storage for three months. I took it on a two month road trip and after the first five days I was ready to "dump the pooper". To my shock my macerator pump did not work. I took it to an RV dealer and he was quite reluctant to open up the macerator while it contain a "full load".
He got under the vehicle and started tapping around on the macerator box and after about five minutes it started to function (all the while I was pressing the start button)
This seized little motor is a vital component to our lives.
Is there any thing that should be done to ensure that this never happens again?
My past sprinter just had a gravity flow dumping hose and gravity has never failed me.
sincerely
billkeitel
I have a Flojet macerator and when I used it the first time wanted to make sure it worked before I filled it with "stuff". When I hit the switch the first time the fuse blew instantly.

I took a long screwdriver and used it to move the pump rotor, reaching into the 3" opening. It was almost frozen and didn't want to turn easy.

The pump impeller in this macerator/pump is a Jabsco type rubber impeller and they are notorious for sticking to the pump body if not used regularly. They need to be wet or have some residual lubrication or they will behave just as yours and mine did.

I took a small amount of salad oil, poured it into the inlet of the pump, and rotated the shredder disc with my screwdriver. Replaced the fuse and it started without hesitation.

Usually there's enough soap and other lubricating materials to keep the pump from sticking but a quick check after long periods of non use will save headaches.

This tool is on my list of essentials. Makes things so easy when you need to empty the tanks when a dump station is not at hand.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 07:50 PM   #25

Thanks Mr. Titan,
I thought I could get on my back and shimmy around underneath and poke around.
The space constraints are daunting about 1 inch betwixt me and the poop jet. bk
bill keitel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump