Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2015, 04:47 PM   #1

Magnadyne M4-LCD

I searched the database for answers to my situation for the installed radio in our 2015 XL but do not see much pertaining to Berkshire. Have any of you had issues with the camera displays mainly at night. Daytime appears to be ok but as soon as the sun goes down I can no longer see the display for any of the cameras. I have attached a photo taken last night. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1439934389.815466.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	86066

Wayne
Old 08-18-2015, 05:23 PM   #2

Thats odd. Try this, illuminate an object in the field of view of your camera at night time, and see if the image appears clear on the screen. That will tell you it might be a lux (light sensativity) issue with the camera. Just a suggestion.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:41 PM   #3

That's what I thought originally but all 3 cameras is throwing me

Wayne
Old 08-18-2015, 05:48 PM   #4

Sounds like a problem with a connection if your saying, all three cameras give you the same picture at night. There are light sensativity receptors on the cameras, but somehow their input isn't making it to your display screen. You need to determine where the three camera leads connect to the Mag. Id start there. Just a guess on my part.

You could call Madnedyne, they have some pretty good techie support.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:33 PM   #5

Try cleaning the cameras.We had the same problem after leaving the Coach at a repair shop who parked it in a dirt covered parking lot.The dust covered the lenses with a film and at night the infared would bonce of the dust a distort the picture.Cleaned both mirrors and the rear camera and all was good..
oldkeywest91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:36 PM   #6

Mine are older B&E cameras and the resolution is poor in sunlight and about like that at night. The smallest amount of water or dirt will make the display look like that. I use them for what they are but don't depend on them to change lanes.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:43 PM   #7

Mine are older B&E cameras and the resolution is poor in sunlight and about like that at night. The smallest amount of water or dirt will make the display look like that. I use them for what they are but don't depend on them to change lanes.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 12:32 PM   #8

Phil I use them to see Toad especially at night so when they are fogged over or the display useless it makes for an interesting travel.

Wayne
Old 08-19-2015, 12:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkeywest91 View Post
Try cleaning the cameras.We had the same problem after leaving the Coach at a repair shop who parked it in a dirt covered parking lot.The dust covered the lenses with a film and at night the infared would bonce of the dust a distort the picture.Cleaned both mirrors and the rear camera and all was good..

Thanks I just cleaned all cameras so will see what they look like tonight.

Wayne