Old 08-27-2016, 08:07 PM   #11

Hi Phil,

How can I contact Magnashade and do you know if it has to be custom fitted or if it can be sent to me in California? It doesn't look very hard to install, why does the owner gets involved in installations?
Thanks
Jacques

2017 Berkshire XL40BH-380
Jgpapillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 08:39 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgpapillon View Post
Hi Phil,

How can I contact Magnashade and do you know if it has to be custom fitted or if it can be sent to me in California? It doesn't look very hard to install, why does the owner gets involved in installations?
Thanks
Jacques

It's not a difficult install at all. He got involved because we were at the rally and he offered to help install one in case anyone had questions. I think he sold a couple while he was doing it. Roger is the owner of the company and just a great guy. Here is a link to the company's web site.
http://www.magneshade.com/

Old 08-27-2016, 09:53 PM   #13

Can you just give him the year, make and model or do you have to send him the actual window measurements?

Retired and loving it
2013 Berkshire 390BH
Ford Edge AWD
JJvike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 10:18 PM   #14

If he has the template on file he will make it from that. Always good to supply measurements. Probably not necessary for a Berkshire.
Old 08-28-2016, 11:09 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
It's not a difficult install at all. He got involved because we were at the rally and he offered to help install one in case anyone had questions. I think he sold a couple while he was doing it. Roger is the owner of the company and just a great guy. Here is a link to the company's web site.
Home | Magne Shade | Sunshade for RV, RV Shade, Installs from the ground, Magnetic Shade, Magnet Shade
I agree! I didn't go the same route and now kind of wish I had. I bought from another company who make a good product but you have to use a ladder to put them up. As I get older the ladder is getting tougher to use. They were a few bucks cheaper, but in the long run I probably didn't make the best decision.

Now a real life example. I'm in Macon GA right now. Yesterday it was 98 degrees and we are setting on a full sun lot. I have my outside shades on and put down the inside sun shades and was able to maintain 76 inside the coach. The A/C did run constantly from about 2pm to about 6pm but prior to and after that time it did cycle on and off some. I do have 2 15K high efficiency units on the coach.
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 05:07 PM   #16

When I ordered my side screens I called they have most sizes for Berks on file but they like to verify your measurements with theirs. Just installed the magnets yesterday waiting for them to cure. Everything fits perfect. Jim
Old 09-02-2016, 06:39 PM   #17

Ya, can't wait to get mine on..
Old 09-02-2016, 06:54 PM   #18

Using a ladder to put up an imitation window shade is not only a bad idea, but the "money you save" might just have to be used to pay that hospital co pay..........

We have used MagneShades on our last coach, and now our Berkshire. They are worth every penny we paid for them! Sure beats the price of new A/C units!
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:35 PM   #19

My extension rod to put up the shade just snapped.... Put the tip in the corner and while reaching up to the top corner of the windshield the rod just bent right over and snapped. Too heavy of a screen for the thin rod! Now I'm using a ladder! Ugh!

--Nathan
2016 38a
Old 09-02-2016, 10:09 PM   #20
2011 Berkshire 390BH

Nathan, My rod broke when I was putting it up wet, I contacted them and they sent me a new one. Craig

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Finally completed all State visits in August 2011 with a trip to North Dakota.
Superchief is offline   Reply With Quote