Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #1

Magnum ME-RC Remote Control

For anyone still with the original Magnum Controller you should consider upgrading to the ME-RC Remote Control. It provides much more information for diagnostics & additional functionality to adjust the bulk charge & Float charging rates.

I was experiencing faults and over charging of the batteries resulting in boiling & acid overflow.

This was an inexpensive upgrade, $225.00 Canadian so you US owners would get a better deal.

It will extend the life of your expensive batteries and will pay for itself in a short time.

Good Luck

George & Diana
Berkshire 2011 390RB60
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Foothills No. 31-20131026-00104.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	41864  
GHodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:13 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHodge View Post
For anyone still with the original Magnum Controller you should consider upgrading to the ME-RC Remote Control. It provides much more information for diagnostics & additional functionality to adjust the bulk charge & Float charging rates.

I was experiencing faults and over charging of the batteries resulting in boiling & acid overflow.

This was an inexpensive upgrade, $225.00 Canadian so you US owners would get a better deal.

It will extend the life of your expensive batteries and will pay for itself in a short time.

Good Luck
Ditto.... I've had to set my charge rate clear down to 30%. I don't know why the magnum inverter overcharges so badly as it comes from the factory. At 50% I was STILL boiling the batts.

I paid the same as you, BTW, but I now have to replace $600 worth of batts that are only 3 years old. OUCH!!!

I HIGHLY recommend this item, especially if you've just replaced or about to replace the batts.

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:42 PM   #3

Boo is dead on here my batteries where done in cases swelled up and full of bleach junk. I had FR replace the controller that will allow me to turn down the charge rate.
The control was 225 so cheaper than batteries. I waited to long two years. And ruined mine

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:46 AM   #4
410 QS 425 2011 Birkshire

Have a MM1212 #MI02924 Inverter in a FR 2011 Berkshire

Tom Scavera <TScavera@magnumenergy.com>
12/11/12

to me

That’s a rev 1.02. There is really nothing with the MM1212 series that an Advanced Remote would be able to help you with.
You can have the control board changed ( $165.00) to a 1.4 but that’s it and all that would give you would be a Max charge rate 0 to 100%
You now have 10 to 100%.
this is what I was told by Magnum
malewis49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:54 AM   #5

I have the upgraded controller and love its features but the junk flooded type batteries still boiled and were ruined. I just upgraded to AGM batteries and would highly recommend them and the extra $ if you are replacing your batteries anyway. Also the upgraded Magnum controller has specific settings not just for your type of battery (flooded..gel..AGM etc) but also has choices for different brands of AGM batteries for it to be set to.
mjracsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by malewis49 View Post
Have a MM1212 #MI02924 Inverter in a FR 2011 Berkshire

Tom Scavera <TScavera@magnumenergy.com>
12/11/12

to me

That’s a rev 1.02. There is really nothing with the MM1212 series that an Advanced Remote would be able to help you with.
You can have the control board changed ( $165.00) to a 1.4 but that’s it and all that would give you would be a Max charge rate 0 to 100%
You now have 10 to 100%.
this is what I was told by Magnum
That IS interesting that TS would tell you that. I just know that installing the upgraded controller and cutting the charge rate to 50% STOPPED my outgassing/boiling.

I emailed him as well, and as I remember, he wasn't very helpful; certainly nothing that SEEMED to be as informative as what he sent you.

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote