Old 01-07-2017, 12:23 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
Contaminate what ? Two tanks that are drained out when full ? They both go the same place ? Extra washer water or any water just help clean black tank.

Russell

Well maybe I'm the only one but stuff happens. I have had the BT overflow a couple of times. All user error but it still had happened. So if the kitchen sink is connected to the BT **** is now in the sink. Same goes for the washer except you might not know it. There are no backflow safety features on these tanks. Whatever I don't have a issue so not my problem. Where the two tanks go when you empty is not the issue. What is the issue for me is contaminating the kitchen sink. If what you say is correct why have two tanks? Just dump everything together. No gray water should go in the gray tank and black should go in the black tank.

Old 01-07-2017, 12:36 PM   #72

Manufacturer defect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Well maybe I'm the only one but stuff happens. I have had the BT overflow a couple of times. All user error but it still had happened. So if the kitchen sink is connected to the BT **** is now in the sink. Same goes for the washer except you might not know it. There are no backflow safety features on these tanks. Whatever I don't have a issue so not my problem. Where the two tanks go when you empty is not the issue. What is the issue for me is contaminating the kitchen sink. If what you say is correct why have two tanks? Just dump everything together. No gray water should go in the gray tank and black should go in the black tank.

Well if I was going to run my black tank over I see your point. But I doubt the sink will be your low point leak. I've never ran my black tank over or gray tank either?? As to one tank I'd be 100% happy with one tank as long as it was as big as both my tanks or so. Never saw the need for separate tanks.

People worry about what smell or contamination come back into RV---then hook up to a sewer and leave their gray tank valve open. At that point every bug or smell can migrate back to their RV. And that just not their contaminants !!

But as we know we all have opinions. Mine for sure worth any more than anyone else's. different ideas interesting tho.

Russell

Old 01-07-2017, 01:19 PM   #73

In THEORY, you should never get a smell from your gray tank, as your sinks and shower "should" all have a P-trap of some kind in them. Unless you let them dry out, of course.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 11:03 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
In THEORY, you should never get a smell from your gray tank, as your sinks and shower "should" all have a P-trap of some kind in them. Unless you let them dry out, of course.
So, our general procedure when hooked up is to leave the GT valve open and the BT valve shut. Since its just DW and I, we only have to empty the BT about every 4 days. On day three we close the GT valve so we get some liquid to help flush out the sewer line after BT dump. For us, its vitally important that the only thing going into the BT is the toilet. Other setups might work for others, but for us, this is it.

.ps we don't boondock much, but if we did, I'd still want the the toilet only in the BT. I have been looking recently at a DIY kit that allows you to route output of the GT to the toilet flush mechanism thereby saving on fresh water and reducing the level of the GT, essentially using GT water twice. IF we go this way, I will update the group.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:10 PM   #75

Seems I may have spoke too soon.

So, here we are a week after the fact and FR STILL has not talked to Lazydays and STILL has not authorized the repair of the BT. Meanwhile, I am 40 days in the shop and counting. At this point, I am looking forward to 60 days at which point Magnusen kicks in and I officially start the paperwork for a lemon. This really sucks.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:14 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearly44 View Post
So, here we are a week after the fact and FR STILL has not talked to Lazydays and STILL has not authorized the repair of the BT. Meanwhile, I am 40 days in the shop and counting. At this point, I am looking forward to 60 days at which point Magnusen kicks in and I officially start the paperwork for a lemon. This really sucks.
Left a message for Randy H at FR. I have no faith in these people at all.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:18 PM   #77
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
You must not live in farm country where tons and tons of raw cow/horse/hog/sheep manure and liquid chicken slit is dumped/sprayed right on top the ground. Fertilizer they call it!

I doubt the waste of humans living in a house with an approved septic does more harm.
Although this is common practice in many places, it has come under scrutiny recently as the runoff from these farms is contributing to water pollution. A majority of the nitrogen in the Chesapeake Bay is the result of farm runoff even from states that do not border the bay.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 65W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:49 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearly44 View Post

Why would you allow a dealer to keep your rig for 40 days? No repair should take that long. As for the BT you said last week that FR approved the fixing of the tank. It's no a urgent repair so why let it set at the dealer? As for a lemon law I doubt you will have any luck there. You are wrong to have given up on FR. Randy is a man of his word and will do as he said. If he said he will fix it he will.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:52 PM   #79

I tried to go back and read your post. Unfortunately the thread is so far off subject talking about everything from crap in a corn field to someone's septic systems it's not worth it.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:57 PM   #80
Berkshire 390QS

Get a hold of Randy and ask for recomendation for another dealer. We were at Lazydays one time and our toilet was leaking some water and they said only way to fix was another toilet, ha ha, a $7 rubber seal and a little effort on my part fixed it. 40 day, ask Lazeydays to start making the payments. Think your biggest problem is the dealer.

Skip
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote