Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2017, 06:00 PM   #81

Skip I agree. Lazy Days gets good reviews for sales and awful reviews for service. Any dealer keeping a Moho for 40 days has some unfixable issues and should not be dealt with. I would never allow a dealer to keep mine for more than overnight.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 06:16 PM   #82
Berkshire 390QS

Haven't had my HM to a rv dealer for years. Just fix myself, however been to Cummins/Frightliner for oil changes etc. But they usually only keep it over night and always finished on time.
Skip
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:16 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO3putt View Post
Get a hold of Randy and ask for recomendation for another dealer. We were at Lazydays one time and our toilet was leaking some water and they said only way to fix was another toilet, ha ha, a $7 rubber seal and a little effort on my part fixed it. 40 day, ask Lazeydays to start making the payments. Think your biggest problem is the dealer.
From what I hear not only in this instance and not only with FR products.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:34 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Not in our county in PA.
Code says it all goes in the septic.
So does ours and my wife is on the township board so we do everything according to Hoyle.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:09 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
Yes, you should have a choice. I guess in your mind everyone has the ability to fork over $1500 to $5000, according to numbers thrown out here on the forums, to hook up to city sewer. Plus you probably get to pay a sewer bill, or have an increase in your water bill. If the home was that way when you bought it no entity should be able to force you to spend money to make a change against your will. Could you imagine having a 10 year old vehicle that you had to pay to upgrade every time a new emission or safety standard went into effect!?!?! I could possibly be on board for mandatory hookup should the home sell. And might even sign on to an agreement where no replacement or upgraded septic system could be installed- once the current fails you must hook up to city. But to just one day demand that kind of money- not my idea of a free country.
Where I live they are building around me annexed me in and I have changed my address twice now. What a mess but not required to hook up until complete failure of septic system or well. And to hook up is around $15000 for each. I wish it was only $1500 - $5000 that would be a deal.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:14 PM   #86

That sucks big time.

Never happen around me. I own all the land all around me, hundreds of acres. I hate neighbors unless they are cattle or corn stalks.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:29 PM   #87

Sorry I won't post anymore septic issues on the MH forum again my bad.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:58 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
From what I hear not only in this instance and not only with FR products.
I got notice this morning that FR had finally notified Lazydays to go ahead with the repair.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:08 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Skip I agree. Lazy Days gets good reviews for sales and awful reviews for service. Any dealer keeping a Moho for 40 days has some unfixable issues and should not be dealt with. I would never allow a dealer to keep mine for more than overnight.
At this point I am so angry with these people I don't even want to talk to them. Its not just a Lazydays problem. There is a systemic problem in the RV industry of over promising and under delivering. I have dealt with big dealers in Florida and in my experience they all treat you really nice coming in the front door only to kick you in the a** going out the back door. In Florida we have three big dealers - Lazydays - speaks for itself, La Mesa - worse rep than Lazydays, Rvone, (ie. Orlando RV, Tampa RV, etc..). I have dealt with Rvone and gotten worse treatment than from Lazydays. Their service department has turned over twice in the last 3 years. I have taken my fiver to them for a problem only to have to fix it myself after I picked up the unit. In the case of La Mesa, their sales was every bit as bad as their service and they won't service what they don't sell. So you tell me. Which other dealer should I deal with, and please don't tell me I should drive the 1100 miles one way to Elkhart to let FR fix the problem. I am a dyed in the wool Conservative and am not in favor of regulations. In the case of the RV industry, I don't see any alternatives. Its time for the Feds to regulate the lying, thieving, RV industry in the same way they regulate the auto industry.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:15 AM   #90

Try Dream Rv in Fort Myers. I have heard good things about their service. And you are tight about the dealer network. Way to many bad ones.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 08:19 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO3putt View Post
Haven't had my HM to a rv dealer for years. Just fix myself, however been to Cummins/Frightliner for oil changes etc. But they usually only keep it over night and always finished on time.
Skip
I'm getting there. I fix alot of my own issues out of necessity. There is alot in this MH that is new to me, so I am having to rely more on the dealer than I'd like to. I am about to retire, at which point I am going to go to RV school to fill in the gaps in my knowledge. At that point I will probably never go to a dealer for service.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:22 AM   #92

Thanks to all

Thanks to all on the forum for listening to my rants. You all are greatly appreciated.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:39 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearly44 View Post
Thanks to all on the forum for listening to my rants. You all are greatly appreciated.
Glad to hear your coach is finally being taken care of. I am less patient than you. CW had my 5er 2 weeks waiting on authorization and a part from Keystone and that seemed excessive.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:38 PM   #94

Quote:
Good to hear that things are finally working out for you John - keep us posted (and yeah I agree with the others - have not heard many good things about lazydays)

If you ever happen to need service in Alabama, check out Bankston motorhomes - they even have a mobile repair service - good bunch of folks (family owned business)
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 02:12 PM   #95

"I have dealt with big dealers in Florida and in my experience they all treat you really nice coming in the front door only to kick you in the a** going out the back door."

Yes, but if you take the time to carefully review a wide variety of posts in this and other forums, and read Gerber's RV downward spiral articles, you would know this up front. B&M over it won't get you down the road.
==================================
"Their service department has turned over twice in the last 3 years."
Well, that is because the wages of the service technicans are below fair market value, often they regularly release many of their personnel at the end of the season, and often when the next season begins replace them with service personnel who have little or no RV industry experience. (Again, same as above)
==================================
"I have taken my fiver to them for a problem only to have to fix it myself after I picked up the unit."
Congratulations, the happiest RVers seem to thrive on DIY skills.
===================================
"In the case of La Mesa, their sales was every bit as bad as their service and they won't service what they don't sell."

Why should they? In particular with the entry level units the mfg won't reimburse a fair rate on the warranty work and they don't want to work on the cheap. Some sharper owners offer to pay the difference.
=======================================
"So you tell me. Which other dealer should I deal with"
Generally, avoid the dealers, whether buying, maintenance, or repairs. You will be happier. Buy used high quality well cared for units from the owner. But be sure to upgrade your inspection skills.
====================================
"Its time for the Feds to regulate the lying, thieving, RV industry in the same way they regulate the auto industry."
Review the above, B&M is a waste of time.

The above is provided to help you live in the light of truth, not the dark of wishful thinking. .
Philos3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 01:23 PM   #96

Quote:
Grey tank does fill up, but it takes alot more to do it considering the only thing going in there is bathroom sink and shower. Towards the end of the day today I did get in touch with the FR rep at Lazydays, Bob Richardson. He seems helpful so we'll see where it goes. I will keep Randy's info close by. Thanks so much for your help.
The "Lazy Days Forest River Rep" is TOTALLY DIFFERENT than speaking to Randy Houser at Forest River!! Unfortunately, dealerships have a strange bag that they pull answers out of....... Speak to Forest River DIRECTLY!! Whenever you bring your coach to a dealership for repairs (any repair) don't rely on the dealership to contact Forest River for you! Call Forest River yourself BEFORE you bring your coach to the dealership. That way you can't fall into the black hole of "yeah, we called Forest River and they won't pay for that repair. You will have to pay for that out of your own pocket". It also avoids the dealership using the excuse "we requested the parts from the manufacturer and they haven't sent them yet".
Also always ask for an itemized list of repairs (even if the repairs are covered under warranty). Some dealerships have billed manufacturers for repairs that were NEVER DONE!! Another thing to remember is when a dealership "asks for authorization of a warranty repair" the request is done usually via the internet or fax. So usually the request/response takes hours not the days that the dealership claims! Also by calling Forest River yourself BEFORE the repairs start, Forest River knows about it when the dealership starts "requesting" parts or repairs. The dealership can't use the manufacturer as a scapegoat to excuse lengthy repair times or outrageous and fraudulent bills!
The dealerships are out there to make money. Not all of them do that honestly. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Good Luck!
2011 Honda CR-V toad
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:05 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
The "Lazy Days Forest River Rep" is TOTALLY DIFFERENT than speaking to Randy Houser at Forest River!! Unfortunately, dealerships have a strange bag that they pull answers out of....... Speak to Forest River DIRECTLY!! Whenever you bring your coach to a dealership for repairs (any repair) don't rely on the dealership to contact Forest River for you! Call Forest River yourself BEFORE you bring your coach to the dealership. That way you can't fall into the black hole of "yeah, we called Forest River and they won't pay for that repair. You will have to pay for that out of your own pocket". It also avoids the dealership using the excuse "we requested the parts from the manufacturer and they haven't sent them yet".
Also always ask for an itemized list of repairs (even if the repairs are covered under warranty). Some dealerships have billed manufacturers for repairs that were NEVER DONE!! Another thing to remember is when a dealership "asks for authorization of a warranty repair" the request is done usually via the internet or fax. So usually the request/response takes hours not the days that the dealership claims! Also by calling Forest River yourself BEFORE the repairs start, Forest River knows about it when the dealership starts "requesting" parts or repairs. The dealership can't use the manufacturer as a scapegoat to excuse lengthy repair times or outrageous and fraudulent bills!
The dealerships are out there to make money. Not all of them do that honestly. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Good Luck!
Thanks, Rick. Sound advice. I am finally picking up my coach from LD tomorrow.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:44 PM   #98

Also, if all else fails - remember this letter that was in your "Briefcase 'o stuff"
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Berkshire_5Day.pdf (537.0 KB, 80 views)
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:27 PM   #99
Dragonship Captain

Quote:
Thanks, Rick. Sound advice. I am finally picking up my coach from LD tomorrow.
Should have a pretty nice tan after the lengthy "sunshine treatment".