Old 01-25-2011, 12:18 AM   #1

mattress

Anyone replaced their mattress in their 390bh? After a month long trip over Christmas, I decided ours is too stiff.

I'm wondering if we got a thicker, more substantial mattress, if we could even get it in the coach.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:11 AM   #2

A new mattress was one of my first 390BH mods. Replaced it with a good quality memory foam mattress, std queen size & thickness. You have to bend them around the "turns", but with the slides out the old and new went in/out just fine.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:50 AM   #3

Thanks for the info. I think I'll replace ours before our summer trip to Yellowstone.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:05 AM   #4

I ordered my replacement mattress from ebay. It was a innerspring wrapped with foam. It was compressed and rolled in a box with big instructions on the box. Basically I had to pull it out of the box and get it into place and then remove the plastic sleeve and cover, poof there it was. Wasn't hard to get in the trailer at all. I did it without my husbands help.

Good luck and happy camping!
Old 01-25-2011, 07:14 AM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

We replaced our mattress with a Select Comfort Sleep Number Mattress. I have a bad back and have one at home. It was a logical choice for us. The original mattress was like a padded spring. Slept on it one time, could barely move the next day. They are a bit pricey but in my opinion worth every penny spent. Afterall the RV is supposed to be a home away from home so I sleep on what I sleep on at home. They're on sale from time to time at Camping World or you can buy direct from them.

http://www.selectcomfort.com/eng/cat...specialty-beds

http://www.campingworld.com/sleepnumber/

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:09 AM   #6

Select Comfort Sleep Number Mattress

We have a 2011 390QS and we are looking to replace our current mattress with a sleep number. How easy was it to remove the old mattress and install the new one? Any tricks to get them in or out? Also, where did you plug the mattress in? Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:08 AM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackttr View Post
We have a 2011 390QS and we are looking to replace our current mattress with a sleep number. How easy was it to remove the old mattress and install the new one? Any tricks to get them in or out? Also, where did you plug the mattress in? Thanks in advance for your help.
No big deal getting the old one out. Just picked it up and carried it out. The new one will be in a box. As for where I plugged it in. We have receptacles on both sides of the bed in a slideout. The bed has storage space under it as well as a junction box for the electric. I found this out when we plugged a cord into the receptacle on my side and had no power. The wire was ran into the box but never connected. I added a 1900 box with a receptacle under the bed in the area just below the pillows. You have to remove the piano hinge and plywood to gain access. I cut a slot in the plywood for the air hoses and control wires. The cavity where the pump sits is carpeted so I just installed a couple screw eyes and used small bungee cords in a crossing pattern to hold the unit in place. Reassembled everything and it work very well. If you have the wired controls like ours there are holders that screw to the wall to place the controls. I got mine through a Winnebago distributor.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #8

My wife has a bad back and I have been looking into a sleep number mattress. Does anyone know if the 390BH takes a Queen or an Short Queen?

Thank you..
amarzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:10 AM   #9

I bought a standard queen-size memory foam at the furniture store and it fit fine in our 390BH.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:03 AM   #10

We bought the kingsize Memory Foam 4" from Walmart and laid it over the RV mattress...ahhhhhh...just right now...not too hard...not too soft. Wehave bought several in the past couple years for the camper and for home. My SIL and BIL bought an 8" thick MFoam and replaced the entire mattress in their camper and it works great for them.