Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2016, 11:28 PM   #1

Metal plates for slide

Just wondering what kind of problems people that had the metal plates put on their slides were having. My kitchen slide drops and the cabinets are dragging on the floor.

Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 07:10 AM   #2

They added mine at Goshen when I only had a torn rubber wiper. I guess they were thinking "an ounce of prevention " or something like that 😀
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 07:25 AM   #3

I believe that the metal plates are only applicable for cable driven slides. I installed mine on my wardrobe slide. The problem that I had was with the two plates under the bunks. I was fearful of the plate running into the end of the tile floor (under the bunk), So I used 22" plates. The problem is that with the slide out, you can only screw-attach like the first 13 inches. I discovered with the slide in and while traveling the inside edge of the plate was digging into the tile; which became obvious with the slide out. I the shortened the plates.
Hank
Old 07-04-2016, 09:40 AM   #4

Maybe I just need the slide adjusted.

Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:02 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman94 View Post
Just wondering what kind of problems people that had the metal plates put on their slides were having. My kitchen slide drops and the cabinets are dragging on the floor.

Rich
Your slide is out of adjustment, just got back from the factory for another problem they adjusted both slides so they no longer drop and are above the floor without touching it....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 02:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman94 View Post

Rich
FR sent me the plates , had dealer install, rollers underneath my living room cable slide, rollers were starting
To curve into bottom of slide, mostly precautionary , did not influence operation of slide . On a 2015 Charleston
SEAYALL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide