Old 06-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #1

Minor problems

Well finely got the new MH on the road. We bought a new Berkshire 2011 390rb and so far all 46 miles to Muskegon state park have been great.
Two questions
1 the dead bolt will not lock. I tried it on jacks and off it just won't line up. I plan on looking at it in the morning but if someone has some experience with the lock let me know.
2 The drivers window rattles and has loud wind noise at speeds above 50 MPH. I pulled over and removed the screen and checked everything I could think of but no luck. It seems to be coming from the top front part of the window. If I hold pressure on the top it helps but not able to fiddle with it and drive.
Any help would be great.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:23 PM   #2

I have the same model and year and just bought it new last month. I have almost the same minor issues. Our deadbolt locks but is very difficult to lock and unlock. Doing so causes the whole lock housing to move a bit and exposes the unpainted fiberglass around the door latch on the outside of the door. As for the drivers window rattle I have considered wedging some weatherstripping which might stop it but may make it a pain to open quickly for tolls, etc. I too would welcome any suggestions.
Thanks!

Old 06-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #3

I had the same problem with our driver window. The dealer called Forrest river and they were aware of the problem and sent a repair kit. The dealer changed the glass and gaskets. It's been great since. In the mean time I would take a paper plate tear a small price off and put in in the gap at the top and bottom of the moveable window. That fixed it while I was waiting for the repair. Hope it helps.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #4

Thanks for the info about the window. I will call them to get the parts ordered. Now if you can make the sun come out and add 10 or 15 degrees it would be perfect.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #5
Future Berkshire Owner

I had the same window problem. My dealer replaced the window with kit from Forest River ( a big job, apparently ) and now it works great! I only occasionally get a small whistling type of wind noise, but it is far quieter than before and I don't have to drive with one hand on the window and one on the wheel!!!
Old 06-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #6

The dealer called Forest River and they did get the same info bad driver side windows on some 2011 Berkshires. They ordered the part and should be about two weeks.
Thanks for the info it's nice to be well informed when calling the dealer.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:36 PM   #7

Thank you from me as well for the info. I contacted my dealer and they have window parts on the way and should be in time for a visit I already had scheduled with them for next week. Has anyone had some advice on the tough to use deadblot lock/moving or loose lock mechanism on the door?
Old 06-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Well finely got the new MH on the road. We bought a new Berkshire 2011 390rb and so far all 46 miles to Muskegon state park have been great.
Two questions
1 the dead bolt will not lock. I tried it on jacks and off it just won't line up. I plan on looking at it in the morning but if someone has some experience with the lock let me know.
2 The drivers window rattles and has loud wind noise at speeds above 50 MPH. I pulled over and removed the screen and checked everything I could think of but no luck. It seems to be coming from the top front part of the window. If I hold pressure on the top it helps but not able to fiddle with it and drive.
Any help would be great.
Phil's question

I have the same problem with mine but it may not ne a problem.
I checked others with similiar locks/dead bolts and they lock and unlock perfectly correct from outside.
When inside only one will latch and the other won't.
I was told that this is some safety exit issue to make it easier to get out.
I have not taken my lock apart but interested to hear what others say.
Oh I have a Georgetown.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #9

I took a file and worked on the bolt part of the lock. 5 minutes and had it cleaned up and working fine. There wasn't enough adjustment to make it work.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:47 PM   #10

Mine would not work from inside or out. I like to have both locked I sleep better.