Forest River Forums
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Forest River Forums > Motorhomes > General Motorhome Discussion > Berkshire

Old 01-28-2011, 02:32 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
I bought a set of replacement headlights for my daughter's Mustang. After the first rain I noticed one had fogged up while the other did not. I contacted the vendor I bought them from and he said it was most likely trapped humidity. His recommendation was to remove the bulb and take a blow dryer to help dry up the humidity. I waited until a nice sunny day, removed the headlight and left it in the sun with the bulb openings facing up. After reassembly the headlight has been perfect. Now I know a headlight has openings to vacate the humidity, but I wonder if during the assembly of those side camera assemblies if there could be humidity trapped in there and depending on the change in temperature outside if this is causing the fog up? Just a possibility!!!
This could be possible, but would it be something that occurs on a large number of them? I have replaced my cameras 3 times under ASA's warranty and have the same problem. Now they are out of warranty (only 1 year) so I have to live with the problem. I guess that I could try to take them apart and try to dry them out somehow and see if there is a difference.

tmmar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:04 PM   #22

Well, after numerous calls to Lazydays RV and a lot of BS and runaround by them, I decided to call ASA Electronics today.

I told them that the dealer doesn't want to work with me on switching out a camera and that I don't have any other close options.

They agreed to swap the camera directly.

We'll see how this one holds up.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:35 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingEngineer View Post
We'll see how this one holds up.
Don't be surprised if you have problems with the replacement as well. I know that I swapped out my cameras 2 times and I'm still having problems.

Let us know how the new camera holds up.

Good luck!!

Old 02-10-2011, 12:09 PM   #24

I bought my 2010 a year ago and it had moisture behind one camera lens when I took delivery. I had them change it and haven't seen it come back
2 - KVH R6DX Dishes with DISH HD DVR
AB6FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:58 PM   #25

Had the same issue when I got my 2009 Georgetown.My dealer replaced under warranty via FR.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:47 AM   #26

Got my new camera and installed it. Said it was made in Korea. The old one was made in China. I wonder if they gave up on Chinese quality control?
Old 02-12-2011, 10:00 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingEngineer View Post
Got my new camera and installed it. Said it was made in Korea. The old one was made in China. I wonder if they gave up on Chinese quality control?
I don't have camera's and I have nothing to contribute to this thread, just that statement made me laugh! Hope it works better for you!
Old 02-26-2011, 11:58 AM   #28

Well, the probem is still occurring. We left from NY for Florida last Friday about 3 pm. By 7 pm the cameras had moisture behind the lens cover and they were totally useless. Left Florida for NY at 10 am Friday, 2/25 and by 3 pm the same problem and the cameras were useless again. Don't know what to do to alleviate the problem but I know that I would not buy the Voyager cameras from ASA if they were the last ones on the planet. I have had nothing but problems with these cameras since the day I picked up my coach. Just my 2 cents and thanks for letting me rant. I am really frustrated with these cameras.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:08 PM   #29

H/L Humidity Areas

I was wondering if the cameras are designed to handle high humidity locations. Iím not aware of the state of NY but I think Fl would be considered a high humidity location.
When I tried to determine camera operating/storage temperature, humidity specifications, etc. I found no mention of these specifications on the ASA website.

However as an example, when I check on my Voyager Monitor VOM-784CT specifications I discovered that the operating temperature range is -15C to +50C and storage temperature range is -25C to +85C. Although I have not had a problem so far, the temperature here (Canada) was -40C the other day. I wonder if a person did have a problem, in or out of warranty, would an individual have a case for replacement no matter what, based on the fact FR sold a unit that was not equipped to tolerate the temperature/humidity requirements of the purchased location????

Humidity/Temperature is generally specified on electronic equipment, I would think
this is also true for cameras, and as example security cameras specifications generally note temperature and humidity tolerances.

It may also be interesting to hear if units in low humidity areas have any problems??

just i though

Gary
Old 02-27-2011, 02:45 PM   #30

I can`t believe the dealer stated "we don`t know why it failed" it doesn`t matter, if there is no visible damage (done by the owner) then it is defective plain and simple! glad the manuf. of the camera stepped up. hopefully this isn`t an issue like most of us have with the Concertone stereo?! where you replace a piece of junk with a piece of junk!

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote