Old 02-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #31

tmmar -

was it rain that caused this - or condensation?

I am assuming it just be condensation since the units are installed inside a cover and should really not be exposed to that much actual rain.

Good Luck..

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
Well, the probem is still occurring. We left from NY for Florida last Friday about 3 pm. By 7 pm the cameras had moisture behind the lens cover and they were totally useless. Left Florida for NY at 10 am Friday, 2/25 and by 3 pm the same problem and the cameras were useless again. Don't know what to do to alleviate the problem but I know that I would not buy the Voyager cameras from ASA if they were the last ones on the planet. I have had nothing but problems with these cameras since the day I picked up my coach. Just my 2 cents and thanks for letting me rant. I am really frustrated with these cameras.

amarzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #32

Alex,
No rain. It was completely dry the entire time which is why I am so annoyed with the cameras. It is just condensation that forms on the inside of the lens cover. I don't understand why this occurs.
Tom

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:15 PM   #33

Tom -

So here is a wacky thought.. When something has condensation on the inside it is due to a temperature difference between the outside and inside of the camera. I have had the camera's off of my coach and know there is a hole that goes thru to the inside of the coach.

Would it be possible that warm air on the inside of the coach is keeping the camera warmer than the outside temperature? Would it be a wacky idea to perhaps caulk or seal that hole - which would keep the camera the same temp as the ambient?

I have an F150 that is foggy in the mornings - but this is only condensation on the outside of the camera - not on the inside..
amarzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:40 PM   #34

Alex,
When I left Florida on Friday morning, the outside temp was in the 70's. As I travelled north through Georgia and the Carolinas, the condensation formed on the inside of the lens cover. I don't think that the temps changed all that much in 500-600 miles so while your idea has merit, I don't think that it would have any effect.
Tom

Old 03-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #35

I was just wondering why ASA can't make a camera that is water proof and doesn't get condensation forming inside. This thought came to me as I was driving my Acadia today which has a rear view monitoring system. It has been raining pretty heavily here in the North East and I can see some water droplets dripping from the camera on the outside of the camera, but it is working fine with no condensation or water intrusion into the inside of the camera. Is GM using some 'magic' camera that is impervious to the elements that ASA can't duplicate? Just wish I knew.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:08 AM   #36
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge Guy View Post
I can`t believe the dealer stated "we don`t know why it failed" it doesn`t matter, if there is no visible damage (done by the owner) then it is defective plain and simple! glad the manuf. of the camera stepped up. hopefully this isn`t an issue like most of us have with the Concertone stereo?! where you replace a piece of junk with a piece of junk!
Sticks and stones...

:-)
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:22 PM   #37

Well, I just got off the phone with ASA and I asked if they could possible replace the cameras under warranty since the new ones were made in Korea instead of China and the new cameras might not have the problem. They said that there was absolutely nothing they could do to help me with my problem. I have had the cameras replaced twice by them because of the problems, the first time was when the coach was 2 months old. Don't know what I will do but I have to do something because they are absolutely useless (can't see anything using the cameras) when they get moisture behind the lens.

Old 03-17-2011, 05:08 PM   #38

The posting above was made the other day after I had gotten off the phone with ASA and they had said that there was nothing they could do to help me with the problem I described below. At the suggestion of a poster on another forum, I contacted Matt Swihart (who handles warranty and customer service) at Forest River and asked if he could help. Today I received an email from Matt saying that ASA said they would send me replacement cameras at no charge. Everything worked out in the end and ASA stepped up to help with the problem so I am very pleased with the outcome.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:28 PM   #39

I'm having the same problem with my 2011 390 BH. Drivers side. It's been a very wet spring here in Central Pa. Has anyone here had the problem go away on it's own, or am I cooked?
Old 05-22-2011, 07:52 PM   #40

Mine has not cleared up and it's been over a year.