Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2014, 04:54 AM   #1

My 2014 Berkshire 390bh-60 Residential refrigerator hits door trim

There seems to be a manufacturing flaw on the 2014 Berkshire 390bh-60. When you open the right door on the residential refrigerator past a certain point, it hits the door trim above the hallway door. I found my door trim lying on the floor after someone apparently opened the refrigerator to eat something. Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening? I have kids that will just open the door without even thinking about it. Has anyone else experienced this?
jsul917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:51 AM   #2

I have the same problem. You (and I) and I'm sure others, will need to remove,trim and re-attach the piece of wood that covers the sliding door track. Should be a pretty easy fix.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:38 PM   #3

Same issue here. My trim has yet to fall off, but I'm sure its coming down unless I take action. It doesn't have a chance against the kids!! Let me know if you get a good fix.
CT Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:47 PM   #4

I found mine on the floor also. I thought I might rip the trim and put it back up. Haven't had a chance to look at it close to see if that will work.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadbid04 View Post
I found mine on the floor also. I thought I might rip the trim and put it back up. Haven't had a chance to look at it close to see if that will work.
That will work. I did the same thing and it worked out well. The only problem with the re-install is getting to the part that goes next to the bunks. Still working on that.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:32 PM   #6

Do you guys enjoy driving your MH? Thinking about buying 390bh but new to the rv world

Sent from my LG-D800 using Forest River Forums mobile app
ycho1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycho1996 View Post
Do you guys enjoy driving your MH? Thinking about buying 390bh but new to the rv world

Depending on the campground we stay at, sometimes the drive is more fun. I really enjoy driving it.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:50 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
Depending on the campground we stay at, sometimes the drive is more fun. I really enjoy driving it.
Same here but I also like most of the campgrounds we stay at, especially Fort Wilderness!

Old 04-30-2014, 08:58 AM   #9

So you would recommend buying MH? How does it do driving in high winds? I live in OK where it seems to always windy.

ycho1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:04 AM   #10

This is our 4th motor home- 2 class C's and 2 class A's. We really love it. It started out many years ago with just us and our 2 boys. Now both sons are married and we have 6 grand kids. All love to go with us. Haven't had much of a problem in windy conditions but you do feel it. Would definitely recommend it.

Old 04-30-2014, 12:06 PM   #11

The wind will affect anything you drive. The motorhome will be no different than a large TT or 5er. It's bad when windy and traveling along a road that has lots of trees then some open spots where the wind funnels through. Those sudden gust sometimes catch a person off guard, but it's manageable.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:28 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
The wind will affect anything you drive. The motorhome will be no different than a large TT or 5er. It's bad when windy and traveling along a road that has lots of trees then some open spots where the wind funnels through. Those sudden gust sometimes catch a person off guard, but it's manageable.

To piggy back in this the better you have your front end Alignment and tire pressure set the better it handles. I find mine to handle the wind better than I expected but still a strong wind makes for a long day.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
390bh, berkshire, door, refrigerator