Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2014, 08:42 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 5
my aux start, generator and reverse camera display wont start.

I have a 360 Birkshire that has been stored outside. I recently went to start it up and all was fine but when I tried to turn on the reverse camera screen, nothing happens. The radio works but I can't even retract the screen into the unit. I also tried to start the generator but nothing much happened there. I tried to Aux start the engine and it didn't work. I'm not sure if it's the house batteries but I've plugged it into 110v to charge and see if that's the problem.
Anyone have a situation like that?
__________________

__________________
Glentt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:57 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 188
How cold is it where you are? I have seen the screen have problems working when it is real cold in the coach. Don't force it though, replacement units are next to impossible to find.
Not being sarcastic but did you remember to turn on your master disconnects in the battery compartments and turn on your coach power in the stairway? If you did then most likely your batteries need charging....
__________________

__________________
James
2008 Berkshire 360QS-40
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem"
speedmerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:24 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West Michigan/Fort Myers
Posts: 3,927
Is your house battery turned off?
__________________
Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:00 PM   #4
Member
 
DanielJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 58
It's the Jensen radio? I had to do a reset on mine. There's a small button to push with the tip of a pen. I had a similar issue where the radio would turn on but the screen would not deploy. The reset fixed it.
__________________
2008 Berkshire 390TS
DanielJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:16 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 10
I had the same issues when taking our's out after storage, the batteries were the issue. On mine the house batteries were past the point where plugging into 110v would not charge the batteries, I ended up charging each battery individually to 6v then all worked well with no issues since. When charging each battery individually just disconnect one battery at a time as to not mix up cables, it took about 2 hours per battery to bring back to life.
__________________
DDKND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:22 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West Michigan/Fort Myers
Posts: 3,927
If your batteries are drawing down to that point I believe you are doing damage to them. Someone that understands all if the volts and watts will chime in but you might want to find a way to trickle charge them when in storage. Mine where in great shape after being stored in side for 12 weeks in close to zero temps.
__________________
Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:32 PM   #7
Denver, CO
 
garbonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDKND View Post
I had the same issues when taking our's out after storage, the batteries were the issue. On mine the house batteries were past the point where plugging into 110v would not charge the batteries, I ended up charging each battery individually to 6v then all worked well with no issues since. When charging each battery individually just disconnect one battery at a time as to not mix up cables, it took about 2 hours per battery to bring back to life.
There is no logical reason for that to work, except the use of an external charger vs the internal converter gizmo. AND I agree that allowing the batteries down that low will most likely reduce their life.

Low batteries could indeed be the OP problem tho.
__________________
2007 Chevy 2500HD Classic LBZ Duramax/Allison (Stock)
2005 Bigfoot 1500C8.2 AWESOME
garbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:34 PM   #8
Denver, CO
 
garbonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
If your batteries are drawing down to that point I believe you are doing damage to them. Someone that understands all if the volts and watts will chime in but you might want to find a way to trickle charge them when in storage. Mine where in great shape after being stored in side for 12 weeks in close to zero temps.
X2. Either trickle charge or disconnect after you KNOW they are fully charged. If you leave them hooked up the parasitic loads will kill them in a couple weeks and then charging them will be difficult and their lives will be reduced.
__________________
2007 Chevy 2500HD Classic LBZ Duramax/Allison (Stock)
2005 Bigfoot 1500C8.2 AWESOME
garbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:06 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbonz View Post
There is no logical reason for that to work, except the use of an external charger vs the internal converter gizmo. AND I agree that allowing the batteries down that low will most likely reduce their life. Low batteries could indeed be the OP problem tho.
The master switch was turned off and an external battery charger was used in the 6v deep cycle battery mode.
__________________
DDKND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:10 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 5
OK, I have to admit that I did NOT turn the house battery off when I stored it so I'm pretty sure it's drawn down to small amps. I do know it still works because the step works when I open the door and the radio and light in the cabin work. I did plug it in and just letting it charge for a day or so.. I hope you're all correct that it's a battery/batteries. I post a reply as to whether it works or not.
BTW, I live in California and there's been a below freezing for 3 or 4 days but nothing sever.
__________________

__________________
Glentt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
generator

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 PM.