Old 03-08-2014, 08:42 PM   #1

my aux start, generator and reverse camera display wont start.

I have a 360 Birkshire that has been stored outside. I recently went to start it up and all was fine but when I tried to turn on the reverse camera screen, nothing happens. The radio works but I can't even retract the screen into the unit. I also tried to start the generator but nothing much happened there. I tried to Aux start the engine and it didn't work. I'm not sure if it's the house batteries but I've plugged it into 110v to charge and see if that's the problem.
Anyone have a situation like that?

Old 03-09-2014, 07:57 AM   #2

How cold is it where you are? I have seen the screen have problems working when it is real cold in the coach. Don't force it though, replacement units are next to impossible to find.
Not being sarcastic but did you remember to turn on your master disconnects in the battery compartments and turn on your coach power in the stairway? If you did then most likely your batteries need charging....

speedmerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:24 AM   #3

Is your house battery turned off?
Old 03-09-2014, 12:00 PM   #4

It's the Jensen radio? I had to do a reset on mine. There's a small button to push with the tip of a pen. I had a similar issue where the radio would turn on but the screen would not deploy. The reset fixed it.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:16 PM   #5

I had the same issues when taking our's out after storage, the batteries were the issue. On mine the house batteries were past the point where plugging into 110v would not charge the batteries, I ended up charging each battery individually to 6v then all worked well with no issues since. When charging each battery individually just disconnect one battery at a time as to not mix up cables, it took about 2 hours per battery to bring back to life.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:22 PM   #6

If your batteries are drawing down to that point I believe you are doing damage to them. Someone that understands all if the volts and watts will chime in but you might want to find a way to trickle charge them when in storage. Mine where in great shape after being stored in side for 12 weeks in close to zero temps.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:32 PM   #7
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDKND View Post
I had the same issues when taking our's out after storage, the batteries were the issue. On mine the house batteries were past the point where plugging into 110v would not charge the batteries, I ended up charging each battery individually to 6v then all worked well with no issues since. When charging each battery individually just disconnect one battery at a time as to not mix up cables, it took about 2 hours per battery to bring back to life.
There is no logical reason for that to work, except the use of an external charger vs the internal converter gizmo. AND I agree that allowing the batteries down that low will most likely reduce their life.

Low batteries could indeed be the OP problem tho.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:34 PM   #8
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
If your batteries are drawing down to that point I believe you are doing damage to them. Someone that understands all if the volts and watts will chime in but you might want to find a way to trickle charge them when in storage. Mine where in great shape after being stored in side for 12 weeks in close to zero temps.
X2. Either trickle charge or disconnect after you KNOW they are fully charged. If you leave them hooked up the parasitic loads will kill them in a couple weeks and then charging them will be difficult and their lives will be reduced.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbonz View Post
There is no logical reason for that to work, except the use of an external charger vs the internal converter gizmo. AND I agree that allowing the batteries down that low will most likely reduce their life. Low batteries could indeed be the OP problem tho.
The master switch was turned off and an external battery charger was used in the 6v deep cycle battery mode.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:10 PM   #10

OK, I have to admit that I did NOT turn the house battery off when I stored it so I'm pretty sure it's drawn down to small amps. I do know it still works because the step works when I open the door and the radio and light in the cabin work. I did plug it in and just letting it charge for a day or so.. I hope you're all correct that it's a battery/batteries. I post a reply as to whether it works or not.
BTW, I live in California and there's been a below freezing for 3 or 4 days but nothing sever.

Tags
generator