Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2015, 08:49 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Home is where I park it
Posts: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJP6371 View Post
Boo....I have never experienced this problem in my Berk, however, looking at the replies, I am guessing I am extremely lucky.

Is the purpose of the supports that you fabricated to stop the pictured motor shaft from dropping down to the bottom of the slot?
Exactly. Some coaches seem to be affected, other do not. Mine has fallen about 4 times before I got it right. In reality it only drops about 1/4 inch (not to the bottom of the slot), but just enough to disengage the pinion from the rack.

Boowho??
__________________

__________________
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:25 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
accumack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 522
Ours also but hasn't dropped since we were at the factory.
__________________

__________________
2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.FB.
Ham KG5LTL.
accumack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 01:05 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
mikeborny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 178
I just push the slide out and push it back in! Have not had to push it back in while raining yet! I attempted to fix it and after two hours figured pushing it in and out is easier and cheaper.


Mike & Amy + 3 and the dogs!
2014 berkshire 390bh-40
__________________
mikeborny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:51 AM   #14
Site Team
 
wmtire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northeast Louisiana
Posts: 14,989
Off topic posts deleted by site team. Please keep this thread on track.
__________________
2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 07:07 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
nomad297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Off topic posts deleted by site team. Please keep this thread on track.
Thank you.

Bruce
__________________
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W Diamond
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ 6.0 Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed 4.10:1 SRW
nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 12:55 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
I-RV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mount Laurel, NJ
Posts: 1,022
Boo
I studied your mod. picture for the second time and I see bolt studs coming out of the gear box, with nuts on them. The original attachment was with bolts. Can you explain?
Hank
__________________
Gale & Hank- 2012 Berkshire 390BH
I-RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:21 PM   #17
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-RV View Post
Boo
I studied your mod. picture for the second time and I see bolt studs coming out of the gear box, with nuts on them. The original attachment was with bolts. Can you explain?
Hank
Hank
I am responding on BooWho's behalf because he no longer wants to be on the forums. BooWho says you are very observant and the reason that it looks different is: In an attempt to fix this a year ago I bored out the bolt holes in the motor and replaced the bolt that screwed in with bolts that went all the way through. Therefore, what you are seeing is the threaded end of those through bolts with the nuts on them. I did this because I felt I could put a lot more torque on the bolts so as to keep the motor from dropping; that did not work.

BooWho's DW
__________________
kaymfischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:46 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
I-RV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mount Laurel, NJ
Posts: 1,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaymfischer View Post
Hank
I am responding on BooWho's behalf because he no longer wants to be on the forums. BooWho says you are very observant and the reason that it looks different is: In an attempt to fix this a year ago I bored out the bolt holes in the motor and replaced the bolt that screwed in with bolts that went all the way through. Therefore, what you are seeing is the threaded end of those through bolts with the nuts on them. I did this because I felt I could put a lot more torque on the bolts so as to keep the motor from dropping; that did not work.

BooWho's DW
Kay
Thanks for the answer, but now I am so sad that Boo has taken time off from the forum. I will certainly miss him. He has always had great insight. I look forward to see Boo come back soon.
Hank
__________________
Gale & Hank- 2012 Berkshire 390BH
I-RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 01:52 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Easley, South Carolina
Posts: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-RV View Post
Kay
Thanks for the answer, but now I am so sad that Boo has taken time off from the forum. I will certainly miss him. He has always had great insight. I look forward to see Boo come back soon.
Hank
X2 Don't really know Boo well at all but was just starting to feel comfortable giving him a hard time. Hope he changes his mind and is back on soon. He brings a lot to the table.
__________________

__________________
Joe & Lori

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
5456Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bed, slide

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 PM.