Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #21

Kingwood390bh

Unless they have changed something since June of last year when our 2012 was produced ... the 390BH comes with two televisions. One large TV in Living room (on rear wall ... covered when slide is closed) and a much smaller one in the front corner of the bedroom.

Although I have not seen a 390BH in this configuration, I have seen other manufacturers with RV that have televisions in the front and rear of the living room. Although this may seem appealing to those of us with kids that want to be entertained while driving ... it is illegal in most places to drive with a television on if anywhere near the drivers line of sight.

That is mind, there are two very good solutions.
1) Install a dropdown TV/DVD under the cabinet in one of two locations.These can be purchased from a number of online companies.

a) Over love seat facing couch
b) Above rear armrest of couch facing the rear. This location allows the watching of DVDs while driving as well as from bed if the table is convered.

2) The option I have chosen. Purchase two portable DVD players from Costco (total cost less than $100). This allows my kids to watch either the same or different DVDs from various locations arount the MH.

With either option, I would highly recommend headphones. A little piece and quiet for the driver never hurts.

Good luck
lefaivre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #22

I didn't mean to hijack this thread. What beautiful pictures of the keys. Lefaivre thanks for your input. The 2112 that I saw on Ebay had four tvs, above driver, entertainment center, outside front slide, and bedroom.
kingwood390bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #23

kingwood390bh

That is a very nice unit on ebay. I would agree that it is a little bit of overkill with 4 tv's. I do however prefer the ISB-XT 360 engine for towing.
lefaivre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #24

I have the upgraded engine and transmission on my 2010. What make and model stereo/video system do they have in the 2112? I have a Jensen with flip out video screen. Its black and white with poor resolution and reliability.
kingwood390bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #25

window rattle

They came out with a repair for the window. they install a longer handle assy and clips on the rear of the window. seems to work so far.
Tazfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #26

The 2012 that I have has a touchscreen Jensen. The screen resolution is ok, but the backup/side cameras are black and white. Their resolution is ok, but the contrast at times is so bad that they're useless. I've played with the contrast settings in the Jensen head unit to no avail.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:37 AM   #27

Joker,
This has been an issue for quite a while. I have the same problem with mine. I too have a Jensen unit but it is not a touch screen. As you say, the resolution is ok but mine is very bad at night. I have also had a problem with my side cameras as well. They will fog up on the inside of the lens which renders them useless. They have been replaced a couple of times but the problem still exists. With all of todays technology, I don't know why they can't come up wiht something better.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
390bh

« MPG 390xx? | Help!! »