Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2016, 11:18 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Especially the World of Outlaws sprints at Eldora (Rossburg, OH) and Knoxville Nationals (Knoxville, IA). 410 CID, 875+ hp, fuel injected, direct drive, 1400# with driver, flat out, never lifting the throttle around the entire track.

Some day I will see the Outlaws race at Eldora. We sent to far from there in the summer. It's the ultimate racing. Not this summer but soon.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 11:23 AM   #62
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Some day I will see the Outlaws race at Eldora. We sent to far from there in the summer. It's the ultimate racing. Not this summer but soon.
Try the Knoxville Nationals 10-13August16. It is amazing to see an entire town get behind the races like the folks of Knoxville. 4 days of racing. 13-14sec laps on a flat 1/2 mile dirt track.

Less than 500 miles for you.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 11:27 AM   #63

That would be great. I'll have to check that one out. It will have to be next year. This summer is full. I'm getting both knees replaced this summer. One at a time so it will be a full summer.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 11:29 AM   #64
Mod free 5er

Quote:
That would be great. I'll have to check that one out. It will have to be next year. This summer is full. I'm getting both knees replaced this summer. One at a time so it will be a full summer.
Good luck with the knees, hope recovery is fast and painless.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 12:43 PM   #65

Anyone going to spring or Aug race at Bristol I have one cup and Xfinity ticket for sale.

Wayne
Old 03-13-2016, 01:38 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15berkxl View Post
Anyone going to spring or Aug race at Bristol I have one cup and Xfinity ticket for sale.

Wayne
Going to both but need several tickets in a group. I always "negotiate" with the scalpers outside the track and have always gotten really good deals.
Old 03-13-2016, 01:42 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Especially the World of Outlaws sprints at Eldora (Rossburg, OH) and Knoxville Nationals (Knoxville, IA). 410 CID, 875+ hp, fuel injected, direct drive, 1400# with driver, flat out, never lifting the throttle around the entire track.
They used to run Outlaws on the ⅜ mile banked pavement track at Senoia, GA. Loved watching them lift the inside front wheel as they accelerated out of the turns.
Old 03-13-2016, 01:49 PM   #68
Moderator Emeritus

We are going to the night race.... well let me correct that DH is going to the night race while I stay at the campground with DD and the dog. DD is pretty sensitive to loud noise so we are staying at the KOA where there us a lot of good kid activities and a shuttle to the race for DH. This was DH's Christmas present this year. Don't need any tickets.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 02:08 PM   #69

The WoO used to race at the Syracuse 1 mile dirt track every year during Super Dirt Week. Watched NJ's Billy Pauch set a 1 mile record of 145. Best race I ever saw in my life Steve Kinser and Jac Haudenshield pulled out from the pack and were inches apart going into the first turn lap after lap. After the race (Kinser won) on the podium Steve and Jac were given a prolonged standing ovation. Ironically, the track has recently been torn down, in part to put in a RV park.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:38 AM   #70

[QUOTE=RKNOLA;1127367]We went the first year of the race: $1400.00 for tickets, $17.00 for a hamburger (just the burger! Fries were $8.00 extra) $6.00 for a bottle water...... it was pathetic! QUOTE]

That's RIDUCLOUS Karen!

This is why I refuse to go to almost any organized sporting event anymore. If it is something I am interested in, like Emm Dee, I will go to the event and "discuss" options with the scalpers just before the event starts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcamper47 View Post
NASCAR

Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks Bob
MAN! You can't make this stuff up!!

I don't care WHO you are...that's FUNNY!!

Quote:
Nothing in the world like Bristol. Impossible to explain but you watch the race and feel the race there. You better have good ear protection. Now I gotta go to a night race there.
Gotta agree here Phil! When we go, it's shooting plugs, & ClearArmor Shooter's earmuffs. Perfectly acceptable for Talladega, almost not enough for Bristol!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 02:27 PM   #71

F1 Race in Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
leaving tomorrow for Sebring, Florida for the 12 hours of Sebring. We park at turn 13. We back the MH up to the fence. We have 2 spots so we have 20 ft of fence.
Speaking of losing ticket sales. I heard yesterday the US Grand Prix will be back this year in Austin at the Circuit of the Americas. They have lowered Gen Admission ticket prices, food prices and parking prices. (It is about time!!). We went the first year of the race: $1400.00 for tickets, $17.00 for a hamburger (just the burger! Fries were $8.00 extra) $6.00 for a bottle water...... it was pathetic! No, we didn't go back the second year! Now the race coordinators are scrambling trying to sell tickets. That is what happens when you bite the hand that feeds you!!
Rick and Karen,
I'd like to go to COTA for the F1 race. (We go to the Montreal Grand Prix every year for about $400 per ticket. We have the best viewing spot with Turns 1, 2, entry from pits to track. But, we stay with a relative in Montreal.)

I'd love to know more about camping at the track at COTA for the F1 race. I sent an email to inquire about the motorhome park and they never responded. It is it hard to get in there and what is the cost? There is also camping in the car park. What does that cost?

I can always get info from COTA, but it could come with a big bias, so info from a user of the setup would be great. So, thanks, in advance, if you can help.

–Gordon
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2579202
Toad: 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4; Formerly: 2005 Acura EL (aka Honda Civic)
gordonsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 09:31 AM   #72

Heading to Martinsville in a few weeks for the NASCAR race! No infield there but some great camping places within a few minute walk.

We do the infield at Charlotte every year and love it. Just left Daytona a few weeks ago too. Were there for the 500.

Jason

2014 Berkshire 390BH
2011 Cadillac SRX (toad)
FB
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 12:05 PM   #73

US Grand Prix 2016 Dry Camping open for booking

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonsick View Post
Rick and Karen,
I'd like to go to COTA for the F1 race. (We go to the Montreal Grand Prix every year for about $400 per ticket. We have the best viewing spot with Turns 1, 2, entry from pits to track. But, we stay with a relative in Montreal.)

I'd love to know more about camping at the track at COTA for the F1 race. I sent an email to inquire about the motorhome park and they never responded. It is it hard to get in there and what is the cost? There is also camping in the car park. What does that cost?

I can always get info from COTA, but it could come with a big bias, so info from a user of the setup would be great. So, thanks, in advance, if you can help.

–Gordon
The US Grand Prix 2016 general ticket sales don't start until April, but today (March 29), they opened the premium booking system, which is how you book the camping. I had earlier correspondence with Travis Pichena at Circuit of the Americas, so I called him directly to set up my camping permit and tickets for the race. He is very helpful and prompt. Here is his contact info:

Travis Picchena
Premium Sales Consultant
Circuit of the Americas
9201 Circuit of the Americas Blvd.
Del Valle, TX 78617
(512) 655-6461 – Office
(512) 536-1480 – Fax
Travis.picchena@circuitoftheamericas.com

We booked a dry camping site for 3 days for $400 (actually arriving on Thursday and leaving on Monday, so it is 4 days). I think it is in Parking Lot N. There is also full service RV parking along the back straight for $8000, which includes race tickets.

They have water and sewage removal during the weekend for a fee.

We got tickets in Grandstand 12 row 30 at the end closest to the apex of Turn 12 for $410 per ticket. Lower rows go for $310. This is $100 less than last year.

Tickets in Grandstand 15 go from $550 to $700, but I'm not sure the sight lines are better, and they aren't cheaper than last year. The seats are more comfortable with armrests. But, we can bring cushions for the bleacher seats in Grandstand 12 and they work the same as the ones we sit in for the Montreal Grand Prix.

It would be fun to see some more Berks there.

–Gordon
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2579202
Toad: 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4; Formerly: 2005 Acura EL (aka Honda Civic)
gordonsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 01:51 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Boy View Post
There is only one race F1. All others are amateurs. Anybody can go straight or on an oval. And yes I am an elitist!

Paul
2015 XL 40QL-60
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unltd. Sahara
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
I have to agree, F1 is awesome! But I also enjoy the WEC (World Endurance Championship). Rally racing is filled with skillful driving, but really nerve-wracking to watch!! And of course, the craziest racers of all....the MotoGP!!
2011 Honda CR-V toad
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 02:11 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonsick View Post
The US Grand Prix 2016 general ticket sales don't start until April, but today (March 29), they opened the premium booking system, which is how you book the camping. I had earlier correspondence with Travis Pichena at Circuit of the Americas, so I called him directly to set up my camping permit and tickets for the race. He is very helpful and prompt. Here is his contact info:

Travis Picchena
Premium Sales Consultant
Circuit of the Americas
9201 Circuit of the Americas Blvd.
Del Valle, TX 78617
(512) 655-6461 – Office
(512) 536-1480 – Fax
Travis.picchena@circuitoftheamericas.com

We booked a dry camping site for 3 days for $400 (actually arriving on Thursday and leaving on Monday, so it is 4 days). I think it is in Parking Lot N. There is also full service RV parking along the back straight for $8000, which includes race tickets.

They have water and sewage removal during the weekend for a fee.

We got tickets in Grandstand 12 row 30 at the end closest to the apex of Turn 12 for $410 per ticket. Lower rows go for $310. This is $100 less than last year.

Tickets in Grandstand 15 go from $550 to $700, but I'm not sure the sight lines are better, and they aren't cheaper than last year. The seats are more comfortable with armrests. But, we can bring cushions for the bleacher seats in Grandstand 12 and they work the same as the ones we sit in for the Montreal Grand Prix.

It would be fun to see some more Berks there.

–Gordon
Wow! Thanks for the info Gordon. Last time we tried to find out about RV spots at COTA they never returned our call either. Then once they did they had some crazy we "only sell pkg of 4 races" policy. (another beginners mistake of biting the hand that feeds them).
Hopefully their new pricing strategy helps regain the fans they lost the first year due to greed!
2011 Honda CR-V toad
Old 03-29-2016, 06:20 PM   #76

Gordon,
I just looked at our ticket from the 2012 US Grand Prix. Our seats were in Grandstand 12 section 14 row 9 seats 25 & 26. The view was pretty good. It is far enough off the straight and into the turn that the engine noise isn't too bad. And the Jumbo-Tron screen was right across from us so we could see the entire race.
The RV parking along the back straight did include 10 General Admission tickets but $8000.00 is still pretty high! For that kind of money Bernie Ecclestone better be bringing dinner to me at my RV!!!
Have fun,
Karen
Karen
2011 Honda CR-V toad