Old 08-21-2016, 02:22 PM   #11

Another thanks, brand new unit I switch out myself, worked great, went back out to coach today two weeks later an no work. Seen that look in wife's eyes lol. Rechecked everything an thought to try forum. Bingo , wonder if these valves or switches will break in , did girard send both or just front one ? Thanks much for sharing , I went to zero but now I am a hero again. With your help.

Old 08-23-2016, 02:08 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfellow View Post
Got out camping today and no hot water. I get a E1 error on the panel. It is trying to light but no gas? I have gas in the coach? Gen 3 model

Thx!!!
I have the Gen III as well which we really love. I have noticed that if we don't use the rig for month or so, the main gas valve sticks a bit on the first light, probably sticky propane or something. The gas valve is the upright electrical valve right behind the circuit board. Just give it a gentle tap while it's trying to open and you should be good to go.
I only had to do that a couple times, just a fluke I think.

Old 08-23-2016, 02:19 PM   #13

Yes, that's correct, there is thread on it, left lower side of unit behind an left of circuit board cover , two round valves or switches , rear one has electrical wires to top, take a small hammer or some heavy like a hammer hit straight down on top of each, give it a fairly good rap. It's worked for many including me. Leave switch on.
Old 08-23-2016, 02:22 PM   #14

Side note. Been camping now for about a week, gen 3 is wonderful. We had the gen 2 .
Old 08-23-2016, 03:19 PM   #15
Some guy in back...

Cool Same here, not a fluke...

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnrick3 View Post
I have the Gen III as well which we really love. I have noticed that if we don't use the rig for month or so, the main gas valve sticks a bit on the first light, probably sticky propane or something. The gas valve is the upright electrical valve right behind the circuit board. Just give it a gentle tap while it's trying to open and you should be good to go.
I only had to do that a couple times, just a fluke I think.
I think it's pretty common. I have been out 4 times since we had our Gen III installed in May and I've had to whack the valve assembly the last three times. It works fine after that, but it's not a fluke, it's a problem. For now, I am living with it in exchange for endless hot water.
'16 Rockwood 8329SS
ChateauV10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:44 PM   #16

Call Girard they will send you parts they did me and no problems since!
Old 08-26-2016, 11:00 AM   #17
Some guy in back...

Thanks. Like half the country, I am going out next week-end and will call them after the holiday. Camping season does not stop for most of California, so I'll have several opportunities to see how the unit performs before the end of the year.

'16 Rockwood 8329SS
ChateauV10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, water, water heater