Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 07:15 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 180
Need help on winterizing my 39Q Berkshire

Hi all. I'm new here. I have a 39' Berkshire and wondering if someone can advise me on how to winterize it correctly ? I've gone thru the books with it and don't really see anything popping out to explain. My dealer is miles away and it's would be a costly trip just to do something simple. I've had 5 previous M/H but this one is my first Forest River and it's different. Would appreicate some advice on the steps needed. I'm sure it's straight forward but I don't want to miss something where I do damage from freezing. Thanks...Ron
__________________

Team Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:38 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
milzat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Prairieville, Louisiana
Posts: 1,927
Hi Ron,

Forest River should be no different than any other when it comes to winterizing. Plumbing is basically the same.

Click the link below.

http://searchwarp.com/swa267826.htm
__________________

milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:40 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 180
Thanks Mike.
Team Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:41 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 180
I was able to compelte this and all is good
Team Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:09 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
kvtaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dahlgren VA
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Wilhelm View Post
Hi all. I'm new here. I have a 39' Berkshire and wondering if someone can advise me on how to winterize it correctly ? I've gone thru the books with it and don't really see anything popping out to explain. My dealer is miles away and it's would be a costly trip just to do something simple. I've had 5 previous M/H but this one is my first Forest River and it's different. Would appreicate some advice on the steps needed. I'm sure it's straight forward but I don't want to miss something where I do damage from freezing. Thanks...Ron
Ron
I read the instructions and will add this. Be sure you run antifreeze thru your washer on both cold and hot sides, then drain it into your tank. Also if you have a ice maker, be sure there is pink antifreeze in the ice tray. I followed the repairman at our dealer when he winterized our Georgetown last year. It was done with 3 gallons of antifreeze.
__________________


Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 12:03 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
NWJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Enumclaw, WA
Posts: 2,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvtaylor View Post
Also if you have a ice maker, be sure there is pink antifreeze in the ice tray.
UMMMM, O.K. does this sound off to anyone else? The ice maker makes ice so if there was water in it after you winterize and it was to freeze what would it hurt? I absolutely would not put antifreeze in the ice tray for the absolute pain in the butt it will be to flush it out in the spring.
__________________
"I can fix it, and if I can't fix it, I can fix it so no one can fix it!"
Ed & Wendy
2009 Georgetown 378TS | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | 1998 Skeeter ZX202C
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 01:20 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
TulsaSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
UMMMM, O.K. does this sound off to anyone else? The ice maker makes ice so if there was water in it after you winterize and it was to freeze what would it hurt? I absolutely would not put antifreeze in the ice tray for the absolute pain in the butt it will be to flush it out in the spring.
I remove fridge access panel on the outside of the motorhome and unscrew the water hose that leads into the solenoid.

- Water drains out of the solenoid so I figure I'm good that way.
- Water in the icemaker.. well heck it's an icemaker!
- I then run antifreeze until a little comes out of the hose that I unscrewed so I know that I've pushed all the water out and I screw it back onto the solenoid.
- In the spring I unhook it again and flush, then reattach it to the solenoid.
TulsaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 06:55 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 180
Thanks Ken and OH MY GOD we forgot the washer and dryer and ice machine THANK you a million times. Never occurred that it was to be done. This form is the best and glad I answered back. Thanks again ....Ron
Team Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:05 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 180
also thanks Tulsa Steve the NW Jeeper for your comments. You guys are GREAT !!
__________________

Team Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
berkshire

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 PM.


×