Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2015, 11:35 AM   #1

New Bed Slide Problem

Several thread have covered the bed slide problem wherein the gearhead motor loosens and drops away from the rack gear. I put a block of wood under my motor, Silver put a support for the motor and Boohoo used metal straps.

Yikes, I now have a new bed slide problem. The motor moves it just fine, however it gets stuck at one end. It is currently in, but depressing the Out button; nothing happens. The motor doesn't try.

I am wondering if the slide has limit switches or the In/Out button is defective. I'd appreciate hearing from anyone that has had this problem.

Hank
Old 11-02-2015, 03:12 PM   #2

There are a couple of relays under the bed if i remember right. One for in and one for out. They are screwed to the wall. Perhaps one has gone bad. Down side is you cannot get to them with slide in. Otherwise could be a dead spot on motor. I would check relay connections first.

Along with weight issue this is another reason I leave the chipboard cover off under the bed. In the event the slide sticks in I can get to the motor and other parts.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 04:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
There are a couple of relays under the bed if i remember right. One for in and one for out. They are screwed to the wall. Perhaps one has gone bad. Down side is you cannot get to them with slide in. Otherwise could be a dead spot on motor. I would check relay connections first.

Along with weight issue this is another reason I leave the chipboard cover off under the bed. In the event the slide sticks in I can get to the motor and other parts.

Wondering what it looks like under that chipboard. Any added use able storage, or do they have things running all over the place? Silver could you post a picture of the space under yours?

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
5456Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 04:43 PM   #4

Joe that is a bad place to store anything. Look it over and run the slide in and out while watching it before you try to store anything in there.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 06:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post

Thanks' Silver, I been under there many times fixing the blasted gear problem but didn't look for relays. I think you are probably right since the dinky little wall switch can't carry the current of the motor. The bed did decide to go out today. I also cut the left side tail of the press-board to quickly access the motor.
Hank
Old 11-02-2015, 08:29 PM   #6

Hank, I've had that problem from time to time. Hasn't happen the last few times. Usually I just press the switch the opposite direction then it works fine.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5456Mich View Post
Wondering what it looks like under that chipboard. Any added use able storage, or do they have things running all over the place? Silver could you post a picture of the space under yours?
Coach is covered and tucked away for the winter. I did find this picture. Not met to show under the bed but has most of the view. Lot of wiring. Not usable space for storage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	under bed.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	93587  
Old 11-02-2015, 09:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-RV View Post
Thanks' Silver, I been under there many times fixing the blasted gear problem but didn't look for relays. I think you are probably right since the dinky little wall switch can't carry the current of the motor. The bed did decide to go out today. I also cut the left side tail of the press-board to quickly access the motor.
Hank
Did you see the relays? They are on the right side of the slide motor screwed to the back wall of the slide.

Tags
bed, slide