Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2014, 07:40 AM   #21

Don -

It has been awhile now, how has the floor held up under the slide rollers?

Still trying to decide between the Allure that Jeff B. used and the Laminate you used.

GOOD LUCK
AREA51
AREA51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:51 PM   #22

Well, the floor was holding up fine until we had an overnight leak in the hose that goes to the icemaker. The floor filled up with water and swelled as laminate does. We dried it out for a few weeks and it didn't look bad later on. We did notice a small hole under the same roller that prompted us to replace the floor in the first place. Fortunately, we noticed that on the day we traded the MH in on a Cardinal fifth wheel. We had started tallying the increased frequency of maintenance tasks with the Berkshire. It was a tough decision to get rid of it but we wanted to do so while it still had some value. We looked at a lot of fifth wheels and ended up staying with Forest River in the end.

If you would like to see what we bought, here is the link.
2015 Cardinal 3550RL Fifth Wheel
dontech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:34 AM   #23

Leak

Don,

Sorry to hear about the leak.

When our "08" was brand new the Ice Maker gave up the ghost in the middle of the night, we woke up to a lot of water, what a clean up job. Coach floor has never been the same, creaks near the fridge. Ice Maker is long since gone.

GOOD LUCK
AREA51
Old 08-27-2014, 09:28 AM   #24

Area51....

I had same issue with my ice maker.... Mine developed a leak in the water line on back of ref.... Almost never found source of water..... Found it, repaired it and then decided I didn't want to risk any future issues, so it totally disconnected water line, shut off water to ice maker with switch under the bathroom sink and took out the ice bucket in freezer (gained a little extra freezer space)...

I then bought a portable ice maker that I carry in a storage compartment.... It provides more ice that you can imagine....

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:56 AM   #25

Ice Maker

Just two little screws, unplug the cable and throw the thing in the dump.
GOOD LUCK
AREA51
Old 09-05-2014, 06:30 PM   #26

We don't run water to the ice maker but we put ice from a bag in it so we can get ice out the door.

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
berkshire