Old 11-14-2015, 09:03 AM   #11

X2 Accumack

Old 11-14-2015, 10:30 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5456Mich View Post
Glenn I checked out their site and looked at the coach they have ( 2013 Berk ), looks nice. Work them over on the price the best you can. Welcome to the site. Lot's of info to learn here !
Glenn, I agree with Joe on the price thing. I have a '14 with a lot of pricey add ons and would sell it for that price. But in saying that I must also say that asking price doesn't always tell the whole story. They seem to be willing to go that extra mile by transporting the coach to you and picking up your trade. If the total numbers look good to you, then that is great. Also, since you are having someone else transport to you, a professional inspection of the coach before transport may help to clarify responsibility if there is any damage during transport as well as assure you the coach is in good working order. I also went to the site and the coach is great looking and appears to be in great shape. At that mileage, she's just starting to be broken in. Just for the heck of it I checked MHSRV and they have a '16 XL40 RB-360 for 195K for comparison sake. Lots of info, hope your head isn't swimming, but with a big purchase like this, feeling comfortable when you sign the deal makes you feel a whole lot better after you sign.

Rich

Old 11-14-2015, 10:37 AM   #13
Go Seahawks!

Thanks Rich. They have been really good to work with and I had also checked the MHSRV price (used to help negotiate). I am definitely leaning towards an inspection if I can find a reputable one down there. I didn't think about it in regards to transport, but that is a great point you made. -Glenn
Old 11-14-2015, 07:13 PM   #14

Wow, I checked the coach on their website also. Similar comments as others on the price.

Their asking price is more than MHSRV was selling NEW ones for in 2013.
Here are a few MHSRV sold NEW in 2013.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=site%3...ire%20390rb-40

But, you have a trade you worked into the deal and delivery, so I'm sure you worked out a good deal with them.

Good luck on your purchase. You will like a Berkshire.
Old 11-14-2015, 07:59 PM   #15

Sound like a good deal for that kind of money but not seeing the unit and not takeing a test ride I think for less then 500 bucks round trip . Buy a plane ticket go down there and at lest kick the tires
Old 11-15-2015, 05:21 AM   #16

Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

We have a 2013 390RB-60 and love it. We had the airbag/tire upgrade done by Freightliner in Gaffney SC at Forest River's expense. Dramatically improves ride and handling when the tire pressures can be reduced.
We also had the hot water heater upgraded to a Gen II (done by FR in Elkhart). Works much better.

Would do it all over again if I had a second chance. Best coach out there for the money in my opinion.

2013 Berkshire 390RB-60
toad - 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
edgewant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 07:14 AM   #17

weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsailor View Post
Hello all, I have been lurking and learning from this site for a while, but this is my first post (sorry up front for the length). We have been RVing for several years in 3 different fifth wheels (the last two being a 36 foot and 40 foot Montana). We started talking about getting a class A about a year ago and with all of the research we conducted the Berkshire really stood out to us for a lot of reasons. We camp about twice a month from about March until September each year and also take a couple week RV trip every summer. My wife (Darcy) tends to like the "inside stuff" and I tend to like the "outside stuff" (to include the cockpit and power plant). I must admit that I really don't know a lot about class As, but we both did a lot of research walked through a lot of different models and talked to a lot of folks. Today we agreed to purchase a Berkshire (haven't actually signed anything yet). I did find it interesting that lightly used Berkshires are hard to find as compared to other brands, but I took that as good news because folks are buying them and keeping them. We live up near Seattle and the coach we found is down in Kentucky. It is a 2013 390RB with the 340 horse motor (don't know if they had the 360 yet in 2013). All of the pictures look great and the dealership has been good to work with thus far through all the questions and finance stuff. I have purchased a couple cars unseen, but never anything that cost quite this much. I believe it should still have about 2 years of power train warranty left, but I still have to ask about any other warranty that might still be in effect. They are going to drive it up here to me and take my truck and fifth wheel back to Kentucky (I had the transport put into the deal). So...here's the question- I know all the stuff about buyer beware and such, but how concerned should I be about a 2013 coach with a little under 8K miles on the clock? I did a VIN check and did not find anything (didn't expect to), but I am thinking about finding a certified inspector down there to give it the once over before I sign anything. The dealer is doing a full service (they are certified for the Forest River work) and the service will include the generator. I don't know anyone in Kentucky that I could ask to go look at it for me. Any thoughts from those of you that have been around these things for a while? Any recommendations for inspection companies? Anything I should be concerned about or that I should definitely ask about or have checked out? Thanks in advance for anything you might provide. Looking forward to many years of learning from the forum and fun with the family in the new Berkshire. -Glenn
I have had 390rb with 340 now have 390rb with 360 ck weight before buying on axle
Old 11-15-2015, 09:12 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud1249 View Post
I have had 390rb with 340 now have 390rb with 360 ck weight before buying on axle
Good info from a person that has owned both. Don't want to find out it needs an axle/air bag update after you have bought it....unless you can get the dealer to handle that before you buy.

Rich
Old 11-15-2015, 09:27 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud1249 View Post

Bud I'd be interested in hearing what you think of the comparison between the performance / handling between the two.

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
5456Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 10:15 AM   #20
Go Seahawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post
Wow, I checked the coach on their website also. Similar comments as others on the price.

Their asking price is more than MHSRV was selling NEW ones for in 2013.
Here are a few MHSRV sold NEW in 2013.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=site%3...ire%20390rb-40

But, you have a trade you worked into the deal and delivery, so I'm sure you worked out a good deal with them.

Good luck on your purchase. You will like a Berkshire.
Thanks Dan, yep...I am not paying what they are asking and they did well on my trade. The delivery would actually be about another $3500 and that is "thrown in".