Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2015, 09:52 PM   #21

We're here too

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsnyder4224 View Post
Thanks everyone for the replies. It goes along way to confirming my feeling that the Berkshire is the way to go. We have a supershow in Tampa in 2 weeks and will probably start the purchase process. We are also looking at an extended warranty through WholesaleWarranties.com. Any additional feedback would be great. I think I have found a new extended family here.
Gary Snyder
Came to the RV show to see up close and personal MH to help decide what to buy. We were so impressed with the Berkshire 34QS. We wanted that length so we won't be limited at State and National Parks (plan to do this for at least 10 years and visit nearly every National Park we can), a king bed and washer/dryer, spacious and comfy living area and kitchen (we normally eat 2-3 meals a day at home). We never thought all that was possible. The Berkshire is perfect for us. We compared it to the Tuscany XTE, which cost nearly 30K more. No comparison with fit, finish and comfort. BUT big difference in the torque, 360 vs 340. But we don't have any toys we carry and we are living a very simplified lifestyle. We think the 340 will haul any Toad we end up buying. That's our next consideration!
HarleyBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:21 PM   #22

Just for comparison, I have a 2013 390 BH with the 340. I tow a 2009 Jeep Wrangler with no problems.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:43 PM   #23

Congrats on the decision! First thing to decide is how you want to tow. Flat, dolly, or trailer. Deciding that will guide you in what you want to consider in a toad. JMO, but flat narrows the field followed by dolly then trailer. Just watch your weights with a trailer if you choose that option. Good luck with your search. We chose flat towing because of the connect/disconnect ease and it worked with our AWD Edge.
JJvike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 04:49 PM   #24

I have a 2010 berkshire I have a problem. My front window Sun shade will not go up into the stowed position. I tried to push the black button but nothing will happen. it was loose missing to screws so it was hanging i fixed it then puff would not adjust. Need help.

Glenn
2010 Berkshire 390.9-BH

P.S. due not want to use Duck Tape "LOL"
outloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 08:36 PM   #25

outloud, you might want to start a new thread about this, but I will ask one question. Does it work in the other direction?
Old 01-18-2015, 08:54 PM   #26

Congrats on the decision to buy a Berk! We have a 2014 39BH with the 360 and tow a Jeep Wrangler 4 down and have no issues. I will tell you that I'm glad I have the 360 when in the mountains especially towing. There have been times out in Yosemite that I'm not sure I would have made it over without it!
Plan to use it as often as possible on short trips once you make the purchase to put the test to all the systems. Things will break, not work the way you think it should so working out the kinks early saves in frustration and agreements with the wife late a night when there's no hot water! Not that I learned that one by experience. LOL
Enjoy, safe travels

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
stephencamiolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:35 PM   #27

Have a problem my front windshield shade does not work on the sun shade side the night shade works great, Any way i can fix it. Or due i buy a new one. Its a 2010 Berkshire 40ft BH
Old 02-09-2015, 04:40 PM   #28

No it moves 1 1/2 in. the shade is all the way down.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:02 PM   #29

I had the same problem. I called the manufacturer and they walked me through the resetting. There should be 2 small silver buttons in the area where the entrance door shade is mounted. One will be for the night shade and the other for the sunshade. Sorry i do not know the name of the manufacturer but there was a card in thevinformation package that came with the coach that had the manufacturer's name and contact info. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Mmnsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 05:18 PM   #30

Hello all: just a question about the Goshen Rally mentioned previously in this thread. I have seen passing mention of this rally but have no idea what it's all about. Was very surprised to see that for the $395 rally fee you can get all maintenance done? Would that include oil/filters? I have been going to Gaffney for service which is top notch factory service- but it's not at all inexpensive.
It also sounds cool to meet up with other Berkshire and FR owners. So base question is whether the service done at the rally is considered regular annual maintenance?

RKC02
Old 02-09-2015, 05:47 PM   #31

RKC02, the rally does not do 'maintenance' items but rather 'warranty' type items.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:00 PM   #32

Dan-nickie: thanks for the info. Rally sounds cool though so will see what we can do about getting there.

RKC02
Old 02-09-2015, 07:30 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyBill View Post
Came to the RV show to see up close and personal MH to help decide what to buy. We were so impressed with the Berkshire 34QS. We wanted that length so we won't be limited at State and National Parks (plan to do this for at least 10 years and visit nearly every National Park we can), a king bed and washer/dryer, spacious and comfy living area and kitchen (we normally eat 2-3 meals a day at home). We never thought all that was possible. The Berkshire is perfect for us. We compared it to the Tuscany XTE, which cost nearly 30K more. No comparison with fit, finish and comfort. BUT big difference in the torque, 360 vs 340. But we don't have any toys we carry and we are living a very simplified lifestyle. We think the 340 will haul any Toad we end up buying. That's our next consideration!

We bought a 34qs in November. We have been traveling in it for the past month. We tow a Jeep Compass. Power is not an issue. Don't even know it is there especially compared to the Ford chassis that we last had. Good floor plan for two people.
uralman is offline   Reply With Quote