Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2013, 08:26 AM   #1

New member / just ordered 2014 Berkshire 390BH

Just put the order in for our first pusher, 2014 forest river berkshire 390BH, added the optional ext ent center and cockpit overhead tv and special ordered two 15k's In place of the 13.5's and the winegard trav'ler satellite dish. We are moving up from a gas 07 fleetwood southwind which treated us great and loved our time in it but after test driving a pusher, we were sold.

Does anyone have any pros and or cons of the berkshires and or any advice to a new pusher owner? Most of what I have read, they are great units and not many negative posts. The list of upgrades to the 14's were pretty major so that sold us on ordering a new one instead of getting a 13. Got a great deal through RV Direct for both the trade and new unit!! I'm curious about the new HDMI upgrade and wondered if they put a new video switch box in them and if it will operate all four TV's...

I'm currently deployed to Bahrain for 6 months but will be back home in July and the unit should be ready for pick up by then so I can't wait to get back!!! Any info or help for new diesel owners would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks to all!!
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service. Congrats on your 2014 Berkshire 390BH.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service. Congrats on your 2014 Berkshire 390BH.

Ditto!! Especially the "thanks for service" part.

I'd weigh the coach before I accepted it for delivery and compare to the stated empty weight on the yellow sticker. If no problems there , then you've bought a heluva coach for the $$$

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTN8 View Post
Just put the order in for our first pusher, 2014 forest river berkshire 390BH, added the optional ext ent center and cockpit overhead tv and special ordered two 15k's In place of the 13.5's and the winegard trav'ler satellite dish. We are moving up from a gas 07 fleetwood southwind which treated us great and loved our time in it but after test driving a pusher, we were sold.

Does anyone have any pros and or cons of the berkshires and or any advice to a new pusher owner? Most of what I have read, they are great units and not many negative posts. The list of upgrades to the 14's were pretty major so that sold us on ordering a new one instead of getting a 13. Got a great deal through RV Direct for both the trade and new unit!! I'm curious about the new HDMI upgrade and wondered if they put a new video switch box in them and if it will operate all four TV's...

I'm currently deployed to Bahrain for 6 months but will be back home in July and the unit should be ready for pick up by then so I can't wait to get back!!! Any info or help for new diesel owners would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks to all!!
congrats! you should write about your ordering experience so that others who are thinking of ordering new would know what it was like. i bought mine off the lot but the next rig will be ordered or custom.

at least they finally upgraded rca composite video to hdmi in 2014. i have a 2013 so can't tell you how well the hdmi stuff works.
ex 2007 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS
Himcules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #5

Congrats on the new coach and welcome to FR Forums and the Berkshire family! Also, thank you for your service to our country.

Good move upgrading to the 15k btu AC's. I was only able to get the front AC upgraded when I bought my coach.

Did you get the 390-40 or 390-60? Just curious.

I don't know if you want to post it here but if you get a chance could you pm me with the price you paid and what options you added. I too bought from RV direct (Buffalo RV) and my be looking to move to a newer coach.

Thanks,
Tom

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:19 PM   #6
Berkshire 390QS

When you get your new Berkshire, plan on spending at least 1/2 day for PDI and not only inspect everything have the tech show you how to use everything but also do it yourself with the tech watching. I'm sure you can find many PDI checklists here. Example the tech showed us all the fues up front, but didn't know there was another fuse box at the rear for the tow lights. The folks here are great help. Thanks for you service from this AF vet.
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO3putt View Post
When you get your new Berkshire, plan on spending at least 1/2 day for PDI and not only inspect everything have the tech show you how to use everything but also do it yourself with the tech watching. I'm sure you can find many PDI checklists here. Example the tech showed us all the fues up front, but didn't know there was another fuse box at the rear for the tow lights. The folks here are great help. Thanks for you service from this AF vet.
+1

have the tech open everything. setup everything (every sleeper, every chair, every door, every button, switch and knob, everything...) turn on every device. switch to every mode.

i've done 2 PDI's so far. the cost (as explained to me) is not in the tour the tech does with you. it's more for the tech's time to go through the coach to make sure it works. the tour is just a small part. however, you have the tech as long as you need, so ask questions and make a list early if you can. at least do make him perform every task of using the coach. do not assume it will work because you know how it works. make him do it so you can see that things were installed correctly.
ex 2007 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS
Himcules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #8

Congrats on the new coach. You must be going nuts waiting to come home. It's bad enough without a new MH waiting for you. Thanks for your service from a old Jarhead.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #9

Welcome to the forum, the Berkshire family and thank you for your service.

These are great coaches and the guys here are very helpful. I am also a new owner of the 390BH and will be taking her out on our maiden voyage this weekend.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #10

Well, it has finally arrived!!! Got a bunch of pics from my dealer and the wife and I love it! Unfortunately, I am still deployed to Bahrain and won't get home until the end of the month. Already set up the pick up / demo date though and can't wait to pick it up. Thank you for all the welcome messages and I'm sure I'll be asking plenty of questions once I get it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2109487639.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	34613
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #11
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTN8 View Post
Well, it has finally arrived!!! Got a bunch of pics from my dealer and the wife and I love it! Unfortunately, I am still deployed to Bahrain and won't get home until the end of the month. Already set up the pick up / demo date though and can't wait to pick it up. Thank you for all the welcome messages and I'm sure I'll be asking plenty of questions once I get it.
Congrats...nice!!!

Old 07-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
Congrats...nice!!!
X2!! Hope you have many fun and trouble free trips with it!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:04 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
X2!! Hope you have many fun and trouble free trips with it!
X3!!!! YAHOO!!!!!!

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #14

Congrats! We love our 2013 BH. Just wish I could use it more. Have a good trip back home. Those rotators can be a b!tch.

JJ
JJvike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:13 AM   #15

Congrats! Same color as ours. We love it! Best of luck and safe travels home!
Mbh818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himcules View Post

congrats! you should write about your ordering experience so that others who are thinking of ordering new would know what it was like. i bought mine off the lot but the next rig will be ordered or custom.

at least they finally upgraded rca composite video to hdmi in 2014. i have a 2013 so can't tell you how well the hdmi stuff works.
I have a 2014 but the switch has RCA cables, not HDMI(!?)