Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2014, 07:44 AM   #1

New model Berkshire?

Has anyone heard about a new model Berkshire coming out? Possibly a 34' or 35' model. Quad slide??

Maybe a GT --340 QS or something

Just wondering.

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:07 AM   #2
Director, FROG

You might be thinking of the Legacy, which was rolled out earlier this year and is built in the same plant as the Berkshire and Charleston (see info at Forest River’s Legacy Diesel Gains Market Share | RV Business).

Or, you might have heard of the new Berkshire that's going to be introduced at next week's dealer expo. There's a brief article about it on Page 95 of the September/October issue of RVBusiness that just hit my desk yesterday in print form. It's not up yet on the RVBusiness.com website, but should be any time.

Here are a few highlights from Mike Peterson, head of sales and product development for the diesel division:

"We've been building the Berkshire for years, so we decided to come up with a brand new Berkshire, a 38-foot model -- kind of a cross between our new Legacy that we introduced last year and the existing Berkshire. One of the main reasons we decided to build the 38RB and 34QS was because no one else was building a coach at an entry-level price point with a raised-rail chassis and designer amenities. It has all of the high-end Berkshire amenities -- side-hinged aluminum baggage doors, aluminum wheels, four coats of clear coat over full-body featuring four colors, frameles dual pane windows, electric patio awnings with LED lights, single slide tray in the baement, generator slide-out tray with 6.0 Onan, and water manifold. We've also upgraded our electronic components with a HDMI-cat 6 TV selector, dash radio with navigatin, and a sound bar with Bluetooth connectivity."

The 38RB is a full-wall slide, bath-and-a-half bunkhouse, and the 34QS is a quad-slide.

Beyond that, I haven't heard a thing.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:10 AM   #3

I'm pretty sure it's the 34 QS. I had heard also the dealer show was next week. Thought they may have it there. Thanks.

Russell
Old 09-12-2014, 12:02 PM   #4

You know what I have against the new coaches ?? The payments !!!! HA !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 12:06 PM   #5

New model Berkshire?

But what if you don't have a payment. What then. ?
Probably still not good idea!!

I m betting the next one will appreciate not depreciate!! That what I'm telling DW. Lol

Russell
Old 09-12-2014, 12:08 PM   #6

More diesel !!!

ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 12:23 PM   #7

Be interested to find out what 'new' dash radio they are using - hopefully it's better than the Jensen that is in the 2014 Berkshire.
I would love to replace my radio but cannot find a double din radio that can accept three camera inputs.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:27 PM   #8

If you find one post it please...

Old 09-16-2014, 10:28 PM   #9

Mhsrv in Texas has the new 38rb on the lot. Floor plan is similar the the discovery 40g. Wish it had a slide on the kitchen side to give more room inside. Looks like the pilot and co-pilot seats are upgraded too. That would be nice because i don't love mine. They get uncomfy after a few hours. Love the bath and half with the bunks. Here is a link......

http://www.mhsrv.com/2015-forest-riv...er-tx-i1301228

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Mbh818 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
berkshire, modifications