Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #1

Nightstands

Anyone else hurt themselves on the very pointy corners of the bedside nightstands (they're attached to the slide trim for the master bed. Any suggestions? I was thinking of swim noodles, but that's kinda unattractive.

I woke myself up the other night when rolling over in bed. Crunch, headache, what's this wet sticky stuff on my forehead? Get up wash it, probably needed a suture or 2, but it was 0430, so it got washed and superglued instead.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:58 PM   #2

Mine are well back on the 390RB I don't think I would hit it in my sleep.
When the grand babies started walking we had to child proof the house. The make stick on rubber corner covers that work well. The problem you will have is the heat when your not using the MH will melt the glue. That's about the only thing I can think of. Maybe put a couple of stainless screws to help hold them on. I imagine you only want to do that once. Ouch!

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #3
TeresaInCAL

I was thinking the same thing as Phil, need to them them for the bunk bed. The "closet" hangs with the corner sticking out. Last trip, my 15 year old almost knocked himself out when he whacked his head on it. Very bad design.
TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:12 PM   #4
Just Love to Camp

Not sure of the layout of what your are speaking of but if it is the corners of the cabinets above the night stands I found brass corner guards that were a little rounded and it helped in my other camper. Good luck!
TheFordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:28 PM   #5

ToyRUs, rubber pieces made to protect kids from sharp corners, there is an entire product line for these types of kid safety items, some even come in brown color
ofranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #6

Here is the offending corner. The smaller rubberized kiddie corner protectors may do the trick. I'll have to look at those!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1766503132.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	18569  
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #7
phat phrog stunt crew

those small rubberized kiddie corner things work great. we put them on our copper canyon bedroom cabinets 3 yrs ago, and they are still on there to this day. shoot, even the dealer left them on when we traded it in. without them, thats one hell of a wake up call any time during the night
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:29 PM   #8

Ok I"m a little slow. When I first read your post I took a look and ours night stands are nice and rounded and thought cool no issue. I just looked at your picture and we do have the same issue. We are looking now to see if we have left over bumpers from the grandkids. Thanks for the heads up.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #9
phat phrog stunt crew

Colman's Country Campers (Hartford,IL)

this is the only pic i have of it. sorry for the redirect to a sales site. if not acceptable, mods, please feel free to delete. but the have saved my noggin and arms as i sleep peacefully (wife says i thrash about. but since im sleeping, to me it must be peaceful).
Old 08-23-2012, 07:17 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynerz View Post
Colman's Country Campers (Hartford,IL)

this is the only pic i have of it. sorry for the redirect to a sales site. if not acceptable, mods, please feel free to delete. but the have saved my noggin and arms as i sleep peacefully (wife says i thrash about. but since im sleeping, to me it must be peaceful).
Do you have any idea what page the item is on?

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #11
phat phrog stunt crew

sorry, go to inventory, look for 2007 copper canyon. i am in no way associated with this dealer, and have no interest whatsoever if the thing sells.

those little kiddy pads or whatever you want to call them really do soften the blow on hard edges.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:24 PM   #12
TeresaInCAL

Found both those pads, long ones, and the corners @ Lowes.
TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:57 PM   #13
Site Team

I was able to give up but finally found the picture of the pads. Now I can see what you are talking about.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #14
phat phrog stunt crew

they make long straight pieces and corner pieces. it only took one night of hitting those blunt edges before we trekked into wally world and put an end to that nonsense.