Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2013, 09:56 PM   #1

No propane to stove / front furnace

So when I put my kitchen slide out on my 14 390BH, I get no gas to my stove or furnace. If I bring the slide back in everything works again. Everything else still works fine regardless of the slide but those two won't work with the slide out. I did some tests and it seems like the stove stays on until the last few inches and then I lose gas to the burner. Has anyone had this problem?, does anyone know where the gas lines may be getting kinked when the slide goes out? And are the lines accessed from the basement or the kitchen? I see the two line that go to the stove and furnace under my sink and behind the drawers to the right of the sink but then I don't know where they go when the slide goes out. I know they are under the fridge too but between the fridge and where they are behind the drawers is where I'm lost! Any help would be great.

Thank you

Jason
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:05 AM   #2

Normally I would have told you to turn on your propane detector because when it's off it won't allow gas to feed those two things. However since you have gas except, when slides fully open I would think that there is a kink somewhere. DId it work fine before and all of a sudden stop working? I believe there are gas lines that hang in the storage compartment (in my '08 anyway), could you have something stuffed in there that is catching and kinking a line?
It is a 2014 and under warranty so barring those things I have mentioned let your dealer figure it out and have a relaxing coffee while they scratch their heads
speedmerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:21 AM   #3

Yes it was working fine since I purchased it. This just started on my last trip. It is under warranty but I was hoping maybe it was something simple I could fix without taking it to a dealer. Nothing in the basement that is hitting or kinking any lines.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTN8 View Post
Yes it was working fine since I purchased it. This just started on my last trip. It is under warranty but I was hoping maybe it was something simple I could fix without taking it to a dealer. Nothing in the basement that is hitting or kinking any lines.
I had a problem with my stove similar to what your talking about. Mine was a kink in the gas line. In the kitchen slide between the fridge and sink if it's closed. Look in there with a flashlight. You should see the gas line come up thru the floor. Mine did not have any cover on the line so when the slide went out it kinked. We took a plastic pipe that was bent cut it in half and clamped it over the gas line. This allows it to stay in shape and not get kinked. I hope this may help you. Ken
klucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:37 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by klucas View Post
I had a problem with my stove similar to what your talking about. Mine was a kink in the gas line. In the kitchen slide between the fridge and sink if it's closed. Look in there with a flashlight. You should see the gas line come up thru the floor. Mine did not have any cover on the line so when the slide went out it kinked. We took a plastic pipe that was bent cut it in half and clamped it over the gas line. This allows it to stay in shape and not get kinked. I hope this may help you. Ken

Thanks for the info!! I'll look at that once I get home. (Currently on travel in Panama City fl for work) I figure it's something like that since it works with the slide in and then doesn't when I put it out. Thanks again!

Jason
Old 10-24-2013, 07:57 AM   #6

Quote:
Thanks for the info!! I'll look at that once I get home. (Currently on travel in Panama City fl for work) I figure it's something like that since it works with the slide in and then doesn't when I put it out. Thanks again! Jason
Here are two pictures. With the Slide in there is a false panel you can pull off and access the line. The other pic - the has line in on the left. It's a black hose you can see I added a bent PVC to it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-91706293.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	41670

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-418066096.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	41671
Old 10-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by klucas View Post
Here are two pictures. With the Slide in there is a false panel you can pull off and access the line. The other pic - the has line in on the left. It's a black hose you can see I added a bent PVC to it.
Thanks so much for the pics!!!! That helps a lot! I didn't realize that panel came off, funny thing is I had my arms all wrapped up under it trying to feel the lines!! That will make it much easier!! Thanks again!

Jason
Old 10-24-2013, 01:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Thanks so much for the pics!!!! That helps a lot! I didn't realize that panel came off, funny thing is I had my arms all wrapped up under it trying to feel the lines!! That will make it much easier!! Thanks again! Jason
Yeah, I found it by mistake one day. Your welcome, good luck with repair.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:19 PM   #9

Just an update, pulled the panel off and the rubber propane line was kinked. Spot tied it to the other lines in there and it fixed the problem. Thanks for the help!!!

Jason
Old 10-29-2013, 04:36 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Just an update, pulled the panel off and the rubber propane line was kinked. Spot tied it to the other lines in there and it fixed the problem. Thanks for the help!!!

Jason
Glad to read that your problem was located. Big Thanks to klucas and speedmerchant.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:16 PM   #11

Good for you. Thanks for posting the fix for all of us to know just in case.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #12

Quote:
Just an update, pulled the panel off and the rubber propane line was kinked. Spot tied it to the other lines in there and it fixed the problem. Thanks for the help!!! Jason
Glad it worked for you. This is what is so good about this forum. We all can share info and help other out.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #13

Thumbs up!! x2 this is a great forum.

Thanks for posting.