Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2013, 08:02 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to RNuzzolo Send a message via MSN to RNuzzolo Send a message via Yahoo to RNuzzolo
Noisy AC and Furnace

In April we purchased a 2010 Bershire 360FWS and both AC units are so loud that it is difficult to sleep or even talk over them. The furnace is the same way but I believe it is loud because when the furnace comes on the front AC unit also comes on. Even with the fans on low they are noisy. Does anyone have any solutions for this problem? We've been Rving for 12 years and none of our other coaches were anywhere this noisy. Love the Bershire except for this problem.

Ray
RNuzzolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:36 AM   #2

I believe that Dometic has a kit available that you can install that will lessen the air conditioner noise. You should call them and ask about it.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:06 AM   #3

If you have the digital thermostat select fan and set to AUTO and that will at least keep the AC fan from coming on with the furnace fan. I think.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to RNuzzolo Send a message via MSN to RNuzzolo Send a message via Yahoo to RNuzzolo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
I believe that Dometic has a kit available that you can install that will lessen the air conditioner noise. You should call them and ask about it.
Thank you I'll try that
Old 10-02-2013, 09:26 AM   #5

Thanks I had not thought of that.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #6

My roof units are extremely noisy as well...... But I think is more of an air flow noise; something that the kit would probably not fix.

Maybe I'll check out the kit anyhow.

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #7

Thanks I had not thought of that.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #8

Mine also seems like an air noise but I'm going to check to see if the kit will help. If it is just air noise maybe there is a way to reduce the flow or something.

Thanks

Tags
furnace