Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2014, 05:02 PM   #41
2011 Berkshire 390BH

Boohoo, You can join my KMA Club anytime!! Since my retirement, that is my philosophy when things are not to my liking and don't make sense. Membership is free!! Enjoy CA... Craig

Finally completed all State visits in August 2011 with a trip to North Dakota.
Superchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:19 PM   #42

Boo,
Good for you!! Enjoy CA!!
Tom

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:46 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchief View Post
Boohoo, You can join my KMA Club anytime!! Since my retirement, that is my philosophy when things are not to my liking and don't make sense. Membership is free!! Enjoy CA... Craig
YEP!!! Especially, since if I really NEED the $$$ (which I don't), I have so many other ways to make it. Web page design, for example.

If you want, do a search for reviews on Al---pen Ro---se RV Park. Some REALLY interesting things come up..... Remove dashes, I placed them so a google of the park name misses this message

Something to do with a senior manager having PTSD from way back in Viet Nam, and going "semi postal" every now and again.

I say "semi" because as of now, nobody had been injured or killed. All in all, at least a few reviews are sorta scary. BOTH he and his DW "pack" 100% of the time, even when on the property.

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:50 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaro View Post
When I was younger I spent a summer as a wrangled on a dude ranch in Mancos, CO near mesa Verde. I remember it snowing the first week of June, that was at an elevation of around 7000 ft. Of course the rest of the summer was hot. Beautiful country and some wonderful nights spent sleeping under the stars (no tent or anything just a sleeping bag and campfire) at the transfer corrals.
YEP, fantastic area. BTW, do you know the REAL meaning of the word "dude" (as defined by an actual working cowboy). It's a boil on his butt, from being in the saddle to long!!!

Boowho??
Old 06-11-2014, 07:58 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowho View Post
don't suffer fools easilyBoowho??
I have a theory that we have a bs meter installed somewhere in our heads. It apparently begins getting to "full" around your 50 year mark ~ you did the right thing ~ leave em in the dust
Old 06-11-2014, 08:01 PM   #46
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowho View Post
YEP, fantastic area. BTW, do you know the REAL meaning of the word "dude" (as defined by an actual working cowboy). It's a boil on his butt, from being in the saddle to long!!!

Boowho??
I never heard that one
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:50 PM   #47

Unemployed again? Good for you. Safe travels.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:51 PM   #48

Ahhhhh the beauty of full timing...when the ish gets too deep pack up and move em out. Good call on your part! Safe travels and let us know when you get to your next stop.
Airlift system/on board compressor

speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:09 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancythecamper View Post
I have a theory that we have a bs meter installed somewhere in our heads. It apparently begins getting to "full" around your 50 year mark ~ you did the right thing ~ leave em in the dust
Clancy, you have it nailed. Not only that, but in later years, you've seen every human personality flaw out there, so nothing is ever a surprise.

Makes it real easy to "read" the misfits and malcontents. They have NO idea how "transparent" they are.

For example, after she found out we'd talked to park management, she became "miss personality" for EVERYONE except us.

Trying to advance the idea among her fellow workers (except us), that she is not a snarling bi*ch; but that instead WE were the problem.

I knew beforehand, that this is exactly what she would do. I must have seen that ploy used 500+ times over the years!!!! It was utterly fantastic to just walk away.

Boowho??