Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2016, 09:38 AM   #41
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 741
Wayne
Did you put them in or did the rig come with them? I'm waiting until FR is finished with the warranty punch list work before I start doing to much in the way of upgrades. Although I had my son and his friend install the battery slide tray last weekend. For $100.+ dollars it should be a standard item on all the Berkshires.


Paul
2015 XL 40QL-60
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unltd. Sahara
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
Paulie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:42 AM   #42
Senior Member
 
15berkxl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Mishawaka
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Boy View Post
Wayne
Did you put them in or did the rig come with them? I'm waiting until FR is finished with the warranty punch list work before I start doing to much in the way of upgrades. Although I had my son and his friend install the battery slide tray last weekend. For $100.+ dollars it should be a standard item on all the Berkshires.


Paul
2015 XL 40QL-60
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unltd. Sahara
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Paul they were standard. I knew the sink had one cause the DW dropped her diamond earring down the drain last year so I went after it. When I was exploring the heat duct under the shower last week low and behold the shower has one as well. Those are the only drains that I see with them on but now reason they all can't IMO.


Wayne
__________________

__________________
Wayne
15berkxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:55 AM   #43
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tipp City, OH
Posts: 6,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15berkxl View Post
Paul they were standard. I knew the sink had one cause the DW dropped her diamond earring down the drain last year so I went after it. When I was exploring the heat duct under the shower last week low and behold the shower has one as well. Those are the only drains that I see with them on but now reason they all can't IMO.


Wayne
Wayne, did the ring get trapped in the valve, or did it get past?
__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped 2017 - 49
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 11:17 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
15berkxl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Mishawaka
Posts: 576
Paul it never went past the valve but would run any water after she cried out OMG.


Wayne
__________________
Wayne
15berkxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 12:26 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15berkxl View Post
Paul they were standard. I knew the sink had one cause the DW dropped her diamond earring down the drain last year so I went after it. When I was exploring the heat duct under the shower last week low and behold the shower has one as well. Those are the only drains that I see with them on but now reason they all can't IMO.


Wayne

They are a good idea but with minor problems. They take about the same cubic space as a trap, just a different profile. They on occasion get trapped open and allow gray tank gas to leak back. I use 3oz of straight bleach every three months or so to clear the fouling. Let sit 30 minutes and flush out. Traps are much more costly than the generic u-tubes are. We also have two Hepflo's
__________________
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:57 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
15berkxl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Mishawaka
Posts: 576
Vince another positive for those of us living and staying in the frozen north is they don't require pouring antifreeze down the drain since there is no water to freeze.


Wayne
__________________
Wayne
15berkxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:00 PM   #47
Berkshire club
 
Berkshire Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 59
Just fry yourself up a pan of Bacon, every body loves bacon and soon you'll forget you had a smell then the coach will smell like crispy bacon ... better than the other smell
it take a good while for the new to wear out.
__________________
2014 360QL-60 Mystic Garnet
Berkshire Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 12:31 AM   #48
Member
 
hordok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Indiana
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
The Industrial Hygentist are required in attendance whenever hazardous conditions exist or may exist. They detect and nullify dangerous situation including chemicals, gas, dust and industrial operations. NFPA and OSHA regulate and require their their attendance. They come under safety company services. Of course we utilize them multiple times often through Contractors, or direct. Google the term, there is a bunch of info about them......
Vince, Thanks for the tip.
__________________
2016 Charleston BH
hordok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 05:34 AM   #49
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 145
just a thought- I do commercial heating and a/c. And a requirement in some new buildings is to bring the building to 110f for 8 hours while providing about 20% fresh air to ventilate the space. This will cause the VOC's to off gas at a much faster rate and the ventilation air gets the chemical out of the rig. If it is an odor from inside, from a chemical that should do it.
__________________
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 12:45 PM   #50
Member
 
hordok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Indiana
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-g View Post
just a thought- I do commercial heating and a/c. And a requirement in some new buildings is to bring the building to 110f for 8 hours while providing about 20% fresh air to ventilate the space. This will cause the VOC's to off gas at a much faster rate and the ventilation air gets the chemical out of the rig. If it is an odor from inside, from a chemical that should do it.
That's a very interesting idea that makes a lot of sense. Has anyone tried it?
__________________

__________________
2016 Charleston BH
hordok is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
berkshire

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 AM.