Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2016, 11:49 PM   #21

Plus split recliners are that great for cuddling while watching a movie.
I'm glad you posted your pics so I could see the great setup

2012 Forest River Berkshire 390FL
2013 Hyundai Veloster
jegstrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 11:53 PM   #22

Cuddling?? What that. I been married 47 year. Please explain!! Seems like I remember something about that??

Russell.
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:16 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
Cuddling?? What that. I been married 47 year. Please explain!! Seems like I remember something about that??

Russell.
X2 43 years here.

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
5456Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 10:00 AM   #24

Quote:

Russell.
Only been married for 26 years, so I have a pretty good memory of it

Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 10:10 AM   #25

Quote:
Mine is a 2014 390 FL. what I did was take out the L-couch and put in the double recliner.

I put a 6" cabinet on each side of the couch. My heat runs were 2" runs that dumped out under the old couch. Never worked well.

I put a 6" extension on the bottom of the cabinets and ran a 4" heat run thru each cabinet .

Really heats 100% better now. Like the couch too. Pic attached

RussellAttachment 97917

Hey Russel, I love your layout. I've got a couple of questions. Did you have a light colored chair and footstool with yours, or do you have two different colors now, or did you just eliminate the chair? Did they take your old couch in trade or sell it? Were you able to stay there while they put the new couch in. Are you happy with the change?

Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 11:49 AM   #26

This would be an absolute slam dunk for me.

First off ... the plumbing in an rv is nothing like that of your home. You neither have the water pressure nor the hot water capacity to both bathe at the same time.

Secondly and more importantly ... the living space in even a large rv is very limited ... so why would you waste about a third of your space on a second bath and a set of bunks that are only going to be used on a periodic basic.

If I did not have kids with the all of the time or did not need to use the bunk area as an office, I would not take a second look at a BH.

For periodic visitors. .. that is wrong with the sofa bed or an air mattress on the floor. After all, if you make them too comfortable they may not want to leave.

Lastly, can you honestly tell me that a 40ft rv with 1 math does not provide enough space for 2 adults to get ready to go out for an evening. My God ... I grew up in an house with 2 adults and 5 kids with 1 bathroom .... it was a juggling act at times but we made it work.

But that's just me.....
lefaivre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 11:50 AM   #27

Russel how long is that double recliner. I would like to do that in my BH to replace that "love" seat that I hate.
Old 01-17-2016, 12:52 PM   #28

Quote:
36 Years here Russell. I not only remember cuddling, but got a kick out of Anne-Marie when she asked Dave if we could get a Queen sized bed instead of a King...she said she wanted the bed side space for a nightstand and did not mind snuggling next to me in bed.

I'm a lucky guy
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 02:38 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
36 Years here Russell. I not only remember cuddling, but got a kick out of Anne-Marie when she asked Dave if we could get a Queen sized bed instead of a King...she said she wanted the bed side space for a nightstand and did not mind snuggling next to me in bed.

I'm a lucky guy

All in the definition of luck I guess. Lol.

Russell
Old 01-17-2016, 02:39 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
Russel how long is that double recliner. I would like to do that in my BH to replace that "love" seat that I hate.

76" outside to outside.

Russell
Old 01-17-2016, 02:50 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefaivre View Post

First off ... the plumbing in an rv is nothing like that of your home. You neither have the water pressure nor the hot water capacity to both bathe at the same time.

Secondly and more importantly ... the living space in even a large rv is very limited ... so why would you waste about a third of your space on a second bath and a set of bunks that are only going to be used on a periodic basic.

If I did not have kids with the all of the time or did not need to use the bunk area as an office, I would not take a second look at a BH.

For periodic visitors. .. that is wrong with the sofa bed or an air mattress on the floor. After all, if you make them too comfortable they may not want to leave.

Lastly, can you honestly tell me that a 40ft rv with 1 math does not provide enough space for 2 adults to get ready to go out for an evening. My God ... I grew up in an house with 2 adults and 5 kids with 1 bathroom .... it was a juggling act at times but we made it work.

But that's just me.....

I grew up in a family of 8 with ONE bath. Lots of waiting time and don't even have a need to use the toilet fast. Lol.
That said I would not trade my RB for anything. A bath and a half is a necessity for us. A full two bath? Not so much.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 02:54 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman94 View Post
Hey Russel, I love your layout. I've got a couple of questions. Did you have a light colored chair and footstool with yours, or do you have two different colors now, or did you just eliminate the chair? Did they take your old couch in trade or sell it? Were you able to stay there while they put the new couch in. Are you happy with the change?

Rich

The extra glider chair & stool came out of the coach we got home from dealer--just seemed to be in the way ?? Our opinion--

Ok the dark color couch is NOT the same color as the captain chairs in the drivers area. But we feel that the colors contrast quite well together along with our dark wood--/ our opinion that is -- much better than the all light interior.

I took the L-couch all apart took out of the RV Myself. It is in my son-in-laws man cave.

We ordered the new couch & when it was ready we took RV to Shipshewana and they installed it same day. Maybe 2 hr. Then I took cabinets home and revamped the bottoms for the heat runs & I installed them myself. We are only 3 hr from Shipshewana.

We love the new set up. When our grandkids go with us. We have an air mattress we throw on the floor. Works great. Generally just two of us. Seem like we have more room.

Russell
Old 01-17-2016, 05:10 PM   #33

Quote:
76" outside to outside.

Russell

[emoji41][emoji1303]
Old 01-17-2016, 11:36 PM   #34

Back to the original question about the 38B. I was intrigued as we have a 39 BH and never use the bunks and would prefer a second bathroom. However, it looks like the kitchen sink is in a slide and not accessible with the slides in. If this is true, it would be a deal breaker. We use the kitchen sink while driving but especially if we are staying at a rest area or truck stop overnight. Not being able to access the sink or rinse dishes, etc would not work.
Bunci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 11:52 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefaivre View Post

But that's just me.....
We are college football fans of a well known team and we take the motorhome to all of the home games and stay by the stadium for the weekend , so we have big crowds at our tailgate, all of whom like to tinkle in our bathroom.... With the half bath , we can shut off the master bedroom from the rest of the tailgate crowd, ...and it is not unusual for us to have a married couple stay with us for the weekend, or sometimes one or both of our college sons , so the bunks would come in handy at times, as well as the fold out couch .. ..and , since my wife and i are sometimes regulated to our master bath to get ready, then comes our appreciation for a feature like a double vanity sink....i dont think we would ever need to take a shower at the same time, though, ..lol... ...
jpcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 03:46 AM   #36

We have the bath and a half plus bunkhouse. More expensive than I wanted but the look on my DH face when his grandson piles in the bunkhouse with him (only twice a year) is priceless. Plus you don't have to listen to the mouth. That would be me, cause I didn't get my way. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
dj3spots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 12:57 PM   #37

To jpcamper: Happy wife, happy life! Go with the bunks! It makes for great storage!

I was able to see that new double recliner that CAT-RN bought for his MH. OMG!! The leather on it is like butter! I should have never looked at it......... now I want to change out the love seat in ours for a double recliner!! Maybe we can squeeze that side trip in during the FR rally in Goshen!! Fingers crossed, now all I have to do is convince Rick that yes we NEED a double recliner!!
Wish me luck,
Karen
2011 Honda CR-V toad
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 06:24 PM   #38

Karen,
It's a NEED, not a want, right? Haha.
Bunci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 12:42 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunci View Post
Karen,
It's a NEED, not a want, right? Haha.
It was a "want" until I sat on it. Then it became a "NEED". That couch is so soft and comfortable! Now all I have to do is pay for it......... I wonder if it hurts to sell a kidney..........
2011 Honda CR-V toad
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote