Old 10-31-2015, 04:06 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
Sounds as if your house batteries are weak but you did run genny and it starts on house batteries. Hummm. Check house batteries for loose connection and water. As understand it, high 12volt amp energy usage requires fully charged house batteries as the 12 volt charger does not put out the amps required for the high amp devices. Start the engine as it charges the house batteries and the alternator w
ill put out more amps. Just thinking out loud.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
This may have nothing to do with a motor home, slide out but on our 10 and a half foot camper, there was a big warning. Do not attempt to operate the lifting jacks while plugged into shore power. To do so would blow every conceivable fuse in the converter charger circuit. It also had something to do with making sure you had the batteries turned on and fully charged to operate the lifts, which were remote operated very much like a four-point automatic leveling system.

So many spooky things going on at the same time says to me check the power that powers the slides. If there is 12 volts there, attempt to operate them with the voltmeter in place and see how bad of voltage drop you get. This problem smells like something that won't work because of low voltage which would mean either insufficient charge in the batteries, the power not turned on in that circuit at all, or perhaps something as elusive as a bad ground that will give you 12 volts with no load but give you nothing or near nothing as soon as a heavy load is on the circuit and the voltage drops. Sorry I don't have anything more. that's just an armchair analysis as I sit here in front of the TV. And that is television set not tow vehicle.

Old 10-31-2015, 04:32 PM   #32

Will the slideout extend/retract manually?

Old 10-31-2015, 04:41 PM   #33
Fulltime in our Berkshire

I haven't tried it manually I'm trying to avoid that.
The coach batteries are brand new they're fully charged with a battery tender and House batteries were just taking out checked and everything clean in there and tighten down tightly about 2 weeks ago and they're showing good too everything looks good except the fireplace in the slides
Home is Where we park it
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 04:45 PM   #34

Kenny have you operated the slides since the batteries were reinstalled?
Old 10-31-2015, 05:12 PM   #35

Slides not working???

Camping with a friend of ours, who's slides on her motor home wouldn't slide in, I went through all her fuses and circuit breakers and finally found a reset button on the wall mounted control box, after unscrewing said control box I pushed in reset button and was able to get slides to work enuff to get in. Might try that!
Old 10-31-2015, 05:15 PM   #36

Where was the wall mounted box located?
Yes, the slides have been working fine with the new batteries
Home is Where we park it
Old 10-31-2015, 05:20 PM   #37

It was the control box that has the switches for the slides on it, unscrew it from the wall and the reset should be right on the backside of the plate the switches are on, hope this helps!!
Old 10-31-2015, 06:02 PM   #38

Early this year(Jan 15) there was a post that said there was a switch that only allowed the fireplace socket to work with the slide extended in a 2013 390BH. Hope you aren't chasing your tail, and may want to concentrate on the 12 volt slide system.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 10-31-2015, 07:43 PM   #39

On my coach 2 slides are hydraulic and 2 are local motors... If jacks work so do hydraulics... Odd. Call the mothership Monday and go get a beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 10-31-2015, 09:18 PM   #40

I have no doubt its a fuse somewhere and now that I think about the fireplace I wonder if the wife unplugged it for the winter in any case tomorrow morning I look behind the switch panel on see what I can find there thank you to all who replied and tried to help I appreciate it much goodnight

Home is Where we park it

Tags
slide, slide out