Old 10-03-2015, 01:06 PM   #11

NAILED IT!

2008 F350 CCSB V10
2016 Sabre 36QBOK

Old 10-03-2015, 01:23 PM   #12

I was surprised that the flywheel housing had damage and needed to be replaced. I used to have a low frequency vibe and humming noise when I'd cruise around 60 that would go away when I took my foot off the gas and then come back when I'd put torque back on it. I wonder if that was from this issue since I noticed yesterday driving the coach home that the vibe and noise was gone. I always thought it was normal but apparently not!! Lucky I never had a catastrophic failure while driving!!

Jason

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

2014 Berkshire 390BH
2011 cadillac SRX

Old 11-12-2015, 12:37 PM   #13
2011 Berkshire 390BH

Jason,

THANK YOU for starting this thread. I had a similar issue. I noticed a few drops of oil on the ground, asked Freightliner to inspect the leak while doing small service and was quoted a $3,500 estimate to repair the leak which did not include parts. Same issue - bad/damaged seal where transmission mounts to engine. I initially told them I can put a lot of oil in it for $3,500. I then came here and saw your post and mention of the 5 year warranty. I had assumed it was for only 2 years (we have a 2011). I then phoned Freightliner to inform them of the warranty. They immediately confirmed with their warranty guy and Cummins and it was fixed under warranty over the next couple days (similar results as you... 18 hours of labor, drop tranny, fix seals, etc.). I was only charged the $100 deductible plus a can of cleaner and a clamp. $116 later, no more engine leak.

You saved us a ton of cash and me from my ignorance.

Thanks again!!!
Jeremy
Old 11-13-2015, 08:11 AM   #14

Great going Jason and Jeremy and thank you for sharing.
Hank -
Old 11-13-2015, 08:18 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteEmUp View Post
Jason,

THANK YOU for starting this thread. I had a similar issue. I noticed a few drops of oil on the ground, asked Freightliner to inspect the leak while doing small service and was quoted a $3,500 estimate to repair the leak which did not include parts. Same issue - bad/damaged seal where transmission mounts to engine. I initially told them I can put a lot of oil in it for $3,500. I then came here and saw your post and mention of the 5 year warranty. I had assumed it was for only 2 years (we have a 2011). I then phoned Freightliner to inform them of the warranty. They immediately confirmed with their warranty guy and Cummins and it was fixed under warranty over the next couple days (similar results as you... 18 hours of labor, drop tranny, fix seals, etc.). I was only charged the $100 deductible plus a can of cleaner and a clamp. $116 later, no more engine leak.

Thanks again!!!
Jeremy
This is why I love Forums! The collective knowledge of the group is priceless... Thanks to the OP!
baddmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 05:22 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteEmUp View Post
Jason,

Thanks again!!!
Jeremy

Very glad it all worked out!!! You'd think the places we take our coaches to would know the warranty time frame....

Jason
Old 11-14-2015, 12:00 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTN8 View Post
Very glad it all worked out!!! You'd think the places we take our coaches to would know the warranty time frame....

Jason
No, they don't know the differences. They are used to working on commercial vehicles with much shorter warranties and vehicles that are worked much harder that we push (baby) ours.

Rich

Tags
leak