Old 03-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
2011 Berkshire 390BH-60

On our way to Bryce canyon

We left yesterday at 4pm for Fruita to stay at the inlaws house. We made it to the top of Vail pass and I-70 was shut down due to multiple accidents from the snow and ice. We stayed there for over an hour. Once thy opened it back up we went down the pass at 15 miles per hour. Our rig is dirty mess as is the car we are towing. I think a carwash is in order soon. We are off to Bryce today. I would add pictures but I don't think I can from my iPhone.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:35 PM   #2
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Enjoy Bryce. It is one of the finest parks to visit. It might be interesting this early in the season. We're still getting freezing weather here in the Great Lakes, so I can only imagine how it will be in the Rockies. Enjoy your trip.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:47 PM   #3

We are "Bryce-bound" from the other direction...currently just outside the Grand Canyon and will cross the Colorado at Page...no snow here! I avoid I-70 at almost any cost...between the weather and the traffic. Usually take US 50 over Monarch Pass and then thru Grand Junction! Bryce is a wonderland...probably a bit on the cool side right now...but definitely worth seeing...again and again. Safe travels!

"NOT ALL WHO WANDER ARE LOST"

Nights camped in 2011: 108
Nights camped in 2012: 41
piscesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:49 PM   #4

Location: No longer own a Forest River product, but enjoy the info on this site
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaterColo View Post
We left yesterday at 4pm for Fruita to stay at the inlaws house. We made it to the top of Vail pass and I-70 was shut down due to multiple accidents from the snow and ice. We stayed there for over an hour. Once thy opened it back up we went down the pass at 15 miles per hour. Our rig is dirty mess as is the car we are towing. I think a carwash is in order soon. We are off to Bryce today. I would add pictures but I don't think I can from my iPhone.
Glad you made it over the pass safely. We came over (east-bound) last night about 8:PM on our return trip from Moab. Roads were a little messy, that's for sure!

We cleaned off the mag-chloride this afternoon.

Have fun at Bryce Canyon ! Its beautiful

Darren
Highlands Ranch, CO
Old 03-28-2011, 11:41 AM   #5
2011 Berkshire 390BH-60

Bryce was a beautiful place however half the park was closed. We are now in Springdale just outside of Zion. Another beautiful place. We will explore Zion today and tomorrow and also look for some geocaches along the way. By the way we took highway 12 over a 9800 foot pass on our way to Bryce. Got into pretty deep snow which was a bit nerve racking then coming down we hit 14 degree slope. Engine brake on and 1st gear for miles and miles. I wanted to rename the road to highway 13!
Old 03-28-2011, 02:45 PM   #6

We picked our RV up in Salt Lake last October and made a big loop down thru Zion and back up from SoCal. Great country and fantastic views!!
amarzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:45 AM   #7
2011 Berkshire 390BH-60

We made it to Vegas - staying at the motorcoach Rv resort which is about 3 miles from the strip. It has 5 swimming pools, tennis courts and 45 acres of nothing but coaches. You have to have a coach to even get past the gate. There are Prevost, county coach, beaver and on and on. Sorry to say but I feel like I'm slumming in the Berk :-). Just kidding of course. This place is kid and dog friendly. I highly recommend it!
Old 04-04-2011, 07:20 AM   #8
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaterColo View Post
Bryce was a beautiful place however half the park was closed. We are now in Springdale just outside of Zion. Another beautiful place. We will explore Zion today and tomorrow and also look for some geocaches along the way. By the way we took highway 12 over a 9800 foot pass on our way to Bryce. Got into pretty deep snow which was a bit nerve racking then coming down we hit 14 degree slope. Engine brake on and 1st gear for miles and miles. I wanted to rename the road to highway 13!
Tater, you've got more guts than I do. I was chicken to even drive the RV on 12. There are some scarry stretches on that road, but it is an incredible drive.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:38 AM   #9
2011 Berkshire 390BH-60

Funny thing is I had no choice. I was committed. My wife told me thats how people get on the show "I shouldn't be alive"