Old 07-20-2012, 02:24 PM   #11

Update to the generator shutdown on my 2010 390bh. Took it to Onan/Cummins in Houston. They had me sign a paper acknowledging that, regardless of repair, I was responsible for $250 to evaluate. They called the next day and said that the internal inverter was failing and that they would replace it(get this) under warranty!!! The cost would have been $1500 for the part plus $500 labor. When I went to pick it up they told me they also waived the $250.

Old 07-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #12

That is great that it was fixed under warranty. How old is the unit?

opps- just saw that you have a 2011 Berk.

tmmar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingwood390bh View Post
Update to the generator shutdown on my 2010 390bh. Took it to Onan/Cummins in Houston. They had me sign a paper acknowledging that, regardless of repair, I was responsible for $250 to evaluate. They called the next day and said that the internal inverter was failing and that they would replace it(get this) under warranty!!! The cost would have been $1500 for the part plus $500 labor. When I went to pick it up they told me they also waived the $250.
Great news is they found it and fixed it so easily, must believe the "inverter" forms the power supply for governor and VR control? Regardless I guess lots of companies are tacking on the check out fee, Customers will walk if they have to pay too much otherwise. Only bad news is such a small item costs so much money.