Old 02-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #11

I have a 2012 390BH 360 w/6400 miles on it and we love it except for the driver window not being dual pane and vibrates in the wind

Old 02-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #12
Future Berkshire Owner

I, too have the driver window vibration problem. There seems to be 3 components to the noise, but the most significant is the whole window flexing which creates a lower frequency and loud noise. This has got to get fixed.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #13

I totally agree. If it was dual pane the problem would be solved
Old 02-09-2012, 05:57 PM   #14

We just purchased our 390BH-60 in September. Other than driving it from the dealer to our storage facility, we have not had it on the road. During the 1.5 hour of driving I can honestly say that I did not notice any window rattle. I have my fingers crossed that I may have dodged a bullet and actually have a rattle proof window.

Without being able to look at the window myself ... I can not recall. Does the window have any type of gasket or is it simply a window sliding in an aluminum slots. The reason I ask ... my only house had metal sliding windows that would rattle in the wind. I was able to raplace the gasket with one that lad a slightly longer pile and the rattle stopped. We may have the same option.

The gasket that I am talking about comes on rolls. It has a rigid plastic backing and a fluffy pile front (similar to that on a pipe cleaner). These gaskets are easily obtained though any window company and come in several sizes. If our windows do not have the slots that these gaskets would normally slide into, it might be possible to glue the gasket to the outside edge of the window.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:29 PM   #15
Future Berkshire Owner

I think the chief rattle component comes from the contact of edge of the sliding window that is nearest the front of the coach ( the metal that holds the latch ) and the middle window brace while the window is in its closed position. The reason these surfaces are bumping against each other is that the window assembly isn't stiff enough for the forces it encounters. As it flexes, the middle parts move the most, and that's where the rattle presents.

I also get a lesser rattle from the screen slide there, but that could be fixed with a bit of Velcro to keep it from sliding during travel.

The net result is that you may see me driving down the road with my hand on the window to act as a stiffener so that I can carry on a conversation with my wife.