Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
2011 Berkshire 390BH-60

Can't wait for the kids spring break coming soon. Our plan is to Leave from Denver head to Carlsbad NM then over to San Antonio to Austin then up through Amarillo then back to Denver. About 2000 miles in all.
TaterColo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:15 PM   #2

Sounds great!!
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #3

sounds like some great fun for you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaterColo View Post
spring break coming soon
About 2000 miles in all.
sounds like some great fun for you all
oh yes - the sweet sound of spring break
my wife teaches school
we also can not wait for spring break to be here
as most know by now
we will be heading out once again
((if it be God's will))
to Borrego Springs, Calif
wishing for you a good time
Mountainman
Mountainmanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #4

That sounds great, I'm glad I'm not the only one planning a trip with the fuel price prediction. I live in Virginia and we are planning a trip to California and then to Oregon. Taking the southern route out to Cal. and the the northern route back to Virginia. I only get about 11 to 12 miles per gal towing so we are watching the price now, hope things get back down a little, would be alot easier on the pocket book.
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:28 AM   #5
2011 Berkshire 390BH-60

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk
That sounds great, I'm glad I'm not the only one planning a trip with the fuel price prediction. I live in Virginia and we are planning a trip to California and then to Oregon. Taking the southern route out to Cal. and the the northern route back to Virginia. I only get about 11 to 12 miles per gal towing so we are watching the price now, hope things get back down a little, would be alot easier on the pocket book.
About fuel I think of it this way. This trip will cost roughly $800 in Diesel. What would I spend on lodging for 7 days for a family of 5? Plus other expenses. We have our own bed no one else has ever slept in which is huge. We can go as far or as short as we want each day. We can take a side road and explore something new.

Of course there are the opponents that say well you spent xxx amount of dollars an a RV. My response is - this is my vacation home on wheels. I'd rather have the choice to drive anywhere we want rather than a vacation home/cabin that never moves.
TaterColo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #6

Ditto that tater!

We are not saving money overall, but the intangibles are many and hard to put a price on!

We'll be driving to Florida this summer and it's I think it's about 4k miles round trip. I'd much rather drive out RV than fly! Plus we get to pick up a couple cousins along the way...the kids are going to have a blast!
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:44 AM   #7

Heading To FL in a few weeks two couples. As we drive the 1300 miles down, we intend to stop at various sites along the way. Airfares for the same dates will cost us 350 round trip per ticket...AROUND 1400 for the four, oh and baggage and lest me forget the little pup that will be joining us. Add lodging ...I think we still are making out on the deal.

Its the life we choose.
Bill m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #8

Our first trip will most likely be to the valley the first weekend in May.We can't wait.
1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Malco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:12 AM   #9
Site Team

I wouldn't expect the price of gas to go down in California. According to the local news here expect the price to be close to $5 per gallon by Memorial Day or summer.

Yesterday it was $4.15 at Costco and $4.39 at the station I usually go to. Gas prices jumped 10 cents (or more) over night less than a week ago.

As long as I can afford to camp I will be using my travel trailer. On my modest income things add up fast but usually are still do-able with planning. I'm putting my budget back on a diet again.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malco View Post
Our first trip will most likely be to the valley the first weekend in May.We can't wait.

Yogi Bear for us May 11-13 weekend. Hoping for a cheap rate like last year.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:24 PM   #11

Just got back from a week at Disney's Fort Wilderness with my one son and his family (wife and 3 kids). Great weather and a great time. Will need to re-winterize all the water lines-again- as the temps are in the 30's or so here but the trip was well worth it.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #12
RnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
Just got back from a week at Disney's Fort Wilderness with my one son and his family (wife and 3 kids). Great weather and a great time. Will need to re-winterize all the water lines-again- as the temps are in the 30's or so here but the trip was well worth it.
Fort Wilderness is a great place, we took our grandchildren during fall break in Oct. 2010, best weather ever. What a great time everyone had.

Spring break in March we have a trip plan to Cumberlain Mountain state park not too far away, then I go to Gaffney SC for camp freightliner and Memorial Day week to Big South Fork.
All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; but the LORD weigheth the spirits. Pro 16:2
2011 Berkshire 390BH DP
RnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #13

RnR,
What will the weather be like in March? Will you be bookdocking or do they have hookups at the State Park? Sounds like a fun trip. Hope you have a great time and the weather cooperates.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #14
RnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
RnR,
What will the weather be like in March? Will you be bookdocking or do they have hookups at the State Park? Sounds like a fun trip. Hope you have a great time and the weather cooperates.
tmmar,
March is usually a little windy and temps average in the 60s and lows in the upper 30s to mid 40s. We have got snow in March and April but it's not common. The State Park has hookups 30A and some sewer. This will be our first time camping there. I'll update you when I return. Here is a link to Tennesse State Parks it should give you more information. Tennessee State Parks
All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; but the LORD weigheth the spirits. Pro 16:2
2011 Berkshire 390BH DP
RnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
Yogi Bear for us May 11-13 weekend. Hoping for a cheap rate like last year.
We have a $25 credit at Yogi we got last year because it rained 25mm in one day while we were there last year.It has to be use by sometime in June this year.Wonder if it can be used during the cheap season.
1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Malco is offline   Reply With Quote