Old 08-21-2015, 02:54 PM   #11
Mod free 5er

Pull the valve, clean and lube with Danco Silicone grease. It is filling with the residual pressure in the lines with the pump off.

Old 08-21-2015, 03:48 PM   #12
'11 390BH

I can do that for sure, I will note however that it only fills with the pump on. So here's my update as I'm in it right now (as a passenger) the pump was off for the last hour and my wife had left the kitchen faucet set to wide open by mistake. I closed the faucet valve, turned on the pump and checked it, it was not building pressure at all, no flow.
I then checked the toilet and noted the slightest trickle from the bowl sprayer, I stomped the valve open and it started spraying full blast sputtering at first to purge the air and water, now all pressure is restored and the bowl is currently not filling itself.

What's the deal with that,lol?

Old 08-21-2015, 05:23 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Air in the lines caused a lack of hydraulic pressure. Once the pressure was restored the valve seated and the flow stopped. It still seems like your pump is the culprit, and the toilet valve seal is a secondary, as it stops leaking if under constant pressure, should seal under any pressure situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 08-21-2015, 06:17 PM   #14
'11 390BH

Suppose that is the issue, what in the pump needs to be rebuilt or how do I test for replacing the whole thing? Pressure is just fine, now
Old 08-21-2015, 08:24 PM   #15
2011 Berkshire 390BH

Kohesh, Mine did the same overflow a couple of weeks ago, except my water tank was below the pump input line, so it was sucking air. Every so often the pump would "catch" some water. It appeared the "demand" for the pump stayed on, and it just kept pumping. I ended up turning the pump off and ultimately replace the pump. Hope that helps! Craig

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Finally completed all State visits in August 2011 with a trip to North Dakota.
Superchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:36 PM   #16
Site Team

Check to make sure your winterizing valve is fully closed. If open slightly, it will suck air which will then build up in WH and lines and may cause the issue you are seeing.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 01:16 PM   #17

Location: Full timer,,,at Lake Georgetown in central Texas for the winter.
Kennygolub's right....it's gotta be a weak toilet flush valve.
Old 08-22-2015, 03:01 PM   #18

It needs a new flow valve. Our 2015 Berk did the same thing on the way home from the dealer. Valve is a 10 buck part.
Old 08-22-2015, 10:42 PM   #19
'11 390BH

Great community here, THANKS Definitely what it is. toilet started running today after pump builds pressure from, stomp the pedal, then it seals-problem done.
So, my coach is sitting at FL Gaffney right now for some other issues, anybody know the part # or can point me to a parts list/diagram for the correct commode?
Old 11-02-2015, 01:01 PM   #20
'11 390BH

I have a followup for this thread. It turns out the the root cause of all the water related issues I experienced were a result of the water filter. I would not have thought it to be so, but without a filter in place, and later with a new filter installed All of my issues have passed. Even more surprising was the weight of the old filter, i suppose that is a good thing. I believe the toilet overflowing was a result form inadequate pressure to keep the valve closed