Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #1

Peter's email address

Does anyone have Peter L's email address? I went onto the FROG home page and sent them an email but have not heard anything. I would like to alert Peter about a problem I am having with getting the NHTSA recall done and since he said,
"it's the company’s policy and intent to make sure that every customer is a satisfied customer who can enjoy his or her RV", I would like to make him aware of this situation.

Thank you.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

DO NOT post it here if you do.
Please PM Tmmar directly.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:59 PM   #3

Atta boy, go straight to the president.... Really? Think in all cases you still need to follow the normal chain of command, something you should already know. Jmho...
TTNewbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:02 PM   #4

I have been going back and forth with the warranty manager and getting no where. I just felt that since he said that it is company's policy to make sure that every customer is satisfied, I thought he might want to hear that there may be a gap between what the president is preaching and what the factory is practising.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #5

IC, good luck to you and happy camping!
TTNewbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:24 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
Does anyone have Peter Liegl's email address? I went onto the FROG home page and sent them an email but have not heard anything. I would like to alert Peter about a problem I am having with getting the NHTSA recall done and since he said,
"it's the company’s policy and intent to make sure that every customer is a satisfied customer who can enjoy his or her RV", I would like to make him aware of this situation.

Thank you.
What was the recall and what "issues" are you having may I ask ?
Ron
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #7

Recall is to replace the transfer switch. Seems that there have been problems with some of them. FR can't seem to find a repair facility that is any where close to where I live and they are insisting that it be done at a facility that does FR warranty work and can bill FR directly.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:31 PM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

What about an electrical company that sell's and installs such items ?
such as some one like this . Home - 3E
Old 08-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Also with all due respect as I understand your frustration's but it's kind of within Forest Rivers rights to expect you to return to an authorized dealer for repairs under warranty .
It's truly not there issue that you live so far away from a dealer and don't want to take it back .
Ron
Old 08-23-2012, 06:41 PM   #10

I basically had suggested the same thing. I asked if they would send me the switch and I would get a licensed electrician to install it but they don't want to go that route. As I said before, they want it done at a facility that does their warranty work so that they can bill Forest River directly. I would feel safer if a licensed electrician, who does this work all the time, did the install instead of a tech at a RV center that has little or no electrical experience.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #11

Tom I thought you had that done. Wouldn't they just send the part? It looks like any electrician could do this. How far do you have to go to get to a FR dealer. They might pay mileage if its to far.I know it needs to be replaced but you have used it for 4 years do you have a trip planed that could have a planed stop at a dealer to switch it out. As long as they had one in stock I would think its a 2 or 3 hour job.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:45 PM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
I basically had suggested the same thing. I asked if they would send me the switch and I would get a licensed electrician to install it but they don't want to go that route. As I said before, they want it done at a facility that does their warranty work so that they can bill Forest River directly. I would feel safer if a licensed electrician, who does this work all the time, did the install instead of a tech at a RV center that has little or no electrical experience.

I agree whole heartedly ! But they are the powers that be lol .
Old 08-23-2012, 06:46 PM   #13

Sorry I really do type slow.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Tom I thought you had that done. Wouldn't they just send the part? It looks like any electrician could do this. How far do you have to go to get to a FR dealer. They might pay mileage if its to far.I know it needs to be replaced but you have used it for 4 years do you have a trip planed that could have a planed stop at a dealer to switch it out. As long as they had one in stock I would think its a 2 or 3 hour job.
Right now, I am waiting to see where the closest facility is. As of now, it is about 3 or 4 hour trip to the closest one. From what I have seen, it is supposed to be a 1 hour job to install the new switch. As I said in my reply to ft100turbo, I would feel safer if a licensed electrician, who does this work all the time, did the install instead of a tech at a RV center that has little or no electrical experience.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

keep us posted on what happens as I am curious !
Old 09-01-2012, 07:40 AM   #16

Transfer Swirtch replaced at Camping World

Hi Folks,

My experience is pre-recall but illustrates FR's great warranty service.

My transfer swirch failed in June 2011 while on the road and camping in St. Augustine FL. It was pretty bad with the plastic box surrounding the switch melted and wiring charred, lucky we did not have a fire.

I called FR and they covered the switch replacement at Camping World (CW) in St. Augustine. The St. Augustine CW was an authorized FR warranty center at the time. Even though CW did not have an exact replacement (that was good news given the problems with the original) they covered the cost of the new switch and installation. The CW technician was great. The new switch is in a metal box and the technician replaced the wires and installed them in liquid tight flex conduit. All in all I would say the CW install was better than FR's original installation.

The service from CW and FR was great on this.

Fred & Laura LeBlanc
Grid_Control is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:01 PM   #17
Director, FROG

I can't say for sure, but it just might be that Forest River is required to certify to DOT or to FHTA that the work has been done, not just that the switch has been sent out.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote