Old 05-05-2011, 04:09 PM   #11

Congrats to both of you on your new coaches!! Enjoy!!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:59 PM   #12
2011 Berkshire 390BH-60

Quote:
Originally Posted by csichoice
Congratulations you will love the Berkshire. We picked our Berkshire up last fall and the kids love the bunks. Its funny you are in SW Denver and traded in a Monaco Knight. I live in Highlands Ranch and traded in a 2004 Knight for the 2011 Berkshire.
Maybe we will see each other at Chatfield sometime. We will be there the weekend of may 20th - loop C.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:02 AM   #13

I love in the UK where class A's are still an unusual site, after much research we have decided to buy a new class A and have shortlisted 2 the FR Berkshire BH and the Fleetwood Revolution 40LE before I travel to the US (Denver) to make a final selection has anyone got advice about either coach or extras or equipment I ahold try to get included in the deal?
Old 05-13-2011, 06:22 PM   #14
Future Berkshire Owner

We picked up our new 2012 390bh yesterday and we are about to head out on a test run before our big summer trip. Here's a pic of it on the lot. I'll try to get a camp pic on later. We're pretty excited!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1953334633.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	5780  
Old 05-13-2011, 06:53 PM   #15

Joker,
Very nice!! Good luck with it!

Bigglesdaf-
Not sure how the new models are equipped but you should get the double paned windows and side view cameras if the coach does not have them. Also, the larger 15kbtu ac in the front.

Old 05-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #16

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
Joker,
Very nice!! Good luck with it!

Bigglesdaf-
Not sure how the new models are equipped but you should get the double paned windows and side view cameras if the coach does not have them. Also, the larger 15kbtu ac in the front.
Thanks the Double glazed side windows are an option on the LE but not sure about the Berkshire I have looked on the FR website but they are not mentioed on the Options list, The bigger heater was already on the list as was central Vac, Once I do get the coach and import it I then have to have it converted to comply with European Laws on lighting and emmissions that will cost about £15,000 or $22,800!! So I have to get the right coach, my wife loves the new Berkshire as they now have a one piece screen but I do like the Revolution's 400BHP Engine thae max in the Berkshire is 365!
Old 05-14-2011, 12:10 PM   #17

$22,800? What do they need to do to the coach for that kind of money?

Do you think that you will need that much horse power? My coach has a 340hp engine and so far, that has been sufficient. I haven't towed anything yet but others have with the same engine and they said that there has been no problems towing.

Old 05-14-2011, 01:46 PM   #18

To comply with Euro 5 emmissions it's a new exhaust system, lighting has to ba changed at rear, the side lights need to be every 2 feet, the electricity hook up needs to be changed to 240V from 110V all the plug sockets neet to be changed, The Inverters and batteries need to be changed! It's surprising what needs to be done!
As for the Horse Power I want to pull a Box that will contain our SUV bikes etc so that will come in at about 4,500KG about 9,000lbs!! And those Swiss alps can be a killer!!
Old 05-14-2011, 04:13 PM   #19

Could you order a 'stripped down' coach with out the batteries, inverter etc. at a lower price? Also, what is it going to cost to ship it over? I don't know, but it sounds like you should be able to buy a coach in your country cheaper than having to have pay for all those modifications and shipping.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:13 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
Could you order a 'stripped down' coach with out the batteries, inverter etc. at a lower price? Also, what is it going to cost to ship it over? I don't know, but it sounds like you should be able to buy a coach in your country cheaper than having to have pay for all those modifications and shipping.

I have asked Forrest River and they only sell completed coaches same with Fleetwood! To buy a fully converted coach here is £195,000-£220,000 about $315,000 - $356,000!! The best quote so far for a FR Berkshire 390BH is $139,500 so with importing costs and conversion costs of $66,000 it is still significantly cheaper!

Tags
390bh