Picked Up Our 390BH Yesterday!
Well my wife and I went down to Canon City and got our new Berkshire. But before we left Littleton I got a call from the dealer saying the winds were blowing 30-40 and gusting to 45. He said I may want to wait but WAS NOT telling me not to come. It was my call. I talked it over with my wife and we decided to go get as we want to break it in at Chatfield Lake this weekend and we have been waiting for this for 2-weeks!
Earlier this year we were driving back from Wyoming headed home along I-25. The winds then were probably gusting 30-40. I figured if I did it then I could do it again - just take it easy - if it gets to bad turn around and come home.
So we took our trade (a 2001 Monaco Knight 36R) and headed south. Monument pass was a bit windy and a few other places but not terrible. Don't get me wrong - I was fighting it.
We make it to the dealer do the paperwork, do the walk through and were are on the way back home. The wind got worse but man - I have to tell you the Berkshire drove GREAT! Even though the winds were stronger The Berk handled them 1000 times better than the Monaco. I guess that's one reason to buy new.
So we got all the stuff out of our living room (the stuff from the Monaco) and into the Berk. Thank goodness as it looked like we had a Hobo living in our living room! Everything is stored and we are ready for our maiden voyage to Chatfield Lake 3 MILES AWAY!!!!!!
Then next Friday we are off to Bryce Canyon, Zion National Park, Las Vegas then coning back through the Four Corners, Durango, Walsenberg then back home for the kids spring break. Roughly a 2200 mile trip. We also got a call my sister-in-law and we are off to Lake Powell and the grand Canyon in June then my buds and I are off to Sturgis in August.