Old 03-18-2011, 12:20 PM   #1
2011 Berkshire 390BH-60

Picked Up Our 390BH Yesterday!

Well my wife and I went down to Canon City and got our new Berkshire. But before we left Littleton I got a call from the dealer saying the winds were blowing 30-40 and gusting to 45. He said I may want to wait but WAS NOT telling me not to come. It was my call. I talked it over with my wife and we decided to go get as we want to break it in at Chatfield Lake this weekend and we have been waiting for this for 2-weeks!

Earlier this year we were driving back from Wyoming headed home along I-25. The winds then were probably gusting 30-40. I figured if I did it then I could do it again - just take it easy - if it gets to bad turn around and come home.

So we took our trade (a 2001 Monaco Knight 36R) and headed south. Monument pass was a bit windy and a few other places but not terrible. Don't get me wrong - I was fighting it.

We make it to the dealer do the paperwork, do the walk through and were are on the way back home. The wind got worse but man - I have to tell you the Berkshire drove GREAT! Even though the winds were stronger The Berk handled them 1000 times better than the Monaco. I guess that's one reason to buy new.

So we got all the stuff out of our living room (the stuff from the Monaco) and into the Berk. Thank goodness as it looked like we had a Hobo living in our living room! Everything is stored and we are ready for our maiden voyage to Chatfield Lake 3 MILES AWAY!!!!!!

Then next Friday we are off to Bryce Canyon, Zion National Park, Las Vegas then coning back through the Four Corners, Durango, Walsenberg then back home for the kids spring break. Roughly a 2200 mile trip. We also got a call my sister-in-law and we are off to Lake Powell and the grand Canyon in June then my buds and I are off to Sturgis in August.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:53 PM   #2

Congrats on your new coach and welcome to the forums!!! We need some pics now!!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:29 PM   #3
Future Berkshire Owner

TaterColo,

Congratulations! My wife and I are in the process of securing financing for purchase of a 390BH from that very same dealer! If all goes well, we should be picking up the rig in early May after it's delivered. We're down in Pueblo. Sounds like you guys have some good adventures planned for this Spring/Summer. We're planning on an early June Orlando trip - the kids are very excited about the plans...
Old 03-18-2011, 11:08 PM   #4

Congrats and welcome!,
amarzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:59 PM   #5
2011 Berkshire 390BH-60

Joker. The dealer was great. They have done everything they promised. You probably walked through the coach I bought if you went to the RV show that was here in Denver a few weeks ago. Mike at the dealer told me they sold 3 of the 390bh's during the show.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:06 AM   #6

Gradulation for your purchase , i'm in canada , and in the purchase process which option have you choose , which motor , is in march it is a 2011 or 2012 ,and can you give me an average price for a rig like you in the us ?

it is a good thing to know than you are more than happy , it help me to decide myself !!
Old 03-20-2011, 10:03 PM   #7
2011 Berkshire 390BH-60

Hi happysound man. I got the 360HP as we have the Rockies and I will also be towing a car. As for the options - I'm not sure what options there were but I understand the 360HP was an option as are the SS solid wheels which my coach has. As for pricing I have seen the 360HP start at $169K US. I'll just say I was happy with the deal I got. My coach is a 2011.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:12 PM   #8

Congrats and Welcome!!!
Tekonsha Prodigy P2 Brake Control
brentnrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:30 PM   #9

Congratulations you will love the Berkshire. We picked our Berkshire up last fall and the kids love the bunks. Its funny you are in SW Denver and traded in a Monaco Knight. I live in Highlands Ranch and traded in a 2004 Knight for the 2011 Berkshire.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #10
Berkshire 390QS

Congratulations - We purchased ours (390QS) from them also. Just love the motor home, can't wait until retirement in October to really put it to use.

Tags
390bh