Old 11-07-2012, 06:46 PM   #1

Popping Noise

I recently purchased a 2012 Berkshire 360-FWS. I have the freightliner XC raised rail chassis, with Equalizer System levelers. When I put the levelers down, the air system automatically dumps the air as the levelors extend. All goes well, however, after 1-2 days, I start to hear a popping noise every now and then. I think it is the air bags that seem to make a popping noise. Not sure why. Does anyone else have this issue? There really is only two things it could be, the air bags or the levelers. This popping sound does not happen when the coach is just parked, levelers up and air still in the system. Any thoughts?

BrakeBuddy
hawk10eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:48 PM   #2

hawk10eye,

We have the same unit. I have not noticed any popping noise when setting up the unit, but when we retract the jacks and the bags are filling back up it pops several times as it comes back to the normal ride pressure. It is fairly loud.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #3

It is likely just a bit of system "creep" from the hydraulic levelers. It is likely nothing of real concern however it would be good to check the hydraulic lines to each jack as well as the fittings on the hydraulic pump to ensure they aren't leaking, which would cause a slight loss of pressure in the system, allowing the jacks to make a popping noise as they "creep" down.
The popping noise should have nothing to do with your airbags in the situation you describe.

James
Old 11-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #4

Thanks for the replies. I think creep from the levelers may be the issue. I have checked and I do not see any hydraulic leaks or spots on any parking pad after staying there for a while. I did add a quart of fluid a week ago, and I think the noise occurrs less. I will check that again. Appreciate the feedback.
BrakeBuddy
hawk10eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #5

We have the same same noise. It is the levelers it seems to happen more with temperature changes. It causes no problems even when we are at a park for a month.