Old 02-10-2013, 08:48 PM   #1

Possible purchase. I need some help

Ok, ill try to make it quick. I grew up in Class A motorhomes. My dad was a exec at Winnebago after he retired, and I can still buy a NEW Winnebago at 15% below dealer cost. Well when you do the math though a SMOKING deal I still can not buy the diesel pusher I want at Winnebago. They command a pretty steep price.

I must go diesel since I pull a enclosed trailer, and my budget is lower 140k's. I am looking at the below coach. I still have kids and they love the bedroom in our Sierra 365SAQ, and I Need to find a bunkhouse.
Here is what we are looking at.

I know it has the Aluminum wheel upgrade and the larger diesel and transmission of which I really need to tow.

Are there any things I should look for in this coach. What is a fair value for it.
Thanks so much.
Paul

Old 02-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #2

I've got the same rig and its fantastic.... Grab it quickly and start enjoying it as much as we do ours.....

Old 02-11-2013, 12:19 AM   #3

I concur. The unit comes with all books and looks great. I, too have the larger engine so it keeps you from having to second guess towing loads. The unit has a satellite dish and washer/dryer. My guess would be around $140k. Biggest selling point, 10+ mpg!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:35 AM   #4

I have a 2012 390BH-60 with two young kids. This is a fantastic RV for the price. Have owned a Fleetwood Discovery as well as a Triple E Empress in the past. Although the craftsmanship of the Berk is not as good as the others, the price tag more than makes up for it.

My only concern with the unit you are looking at is the smaller engine and the vents up the centre of the livingroom floor. (Changed in 2012)

I personally would look for a 2012 360BH-60. You should be able to find one in your price range.

Either way ... a great units ... you will not be disappointed
Old 02-11-2013, 01:37 AM   #5

Sorry ... call me a bone head. Did not read your note from top to bottom before sending response. I not see the larger engine .... Go for it
Old 02-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #6
Site Team - Lou

The post says the reserve is not met at $115,000

You will not find out the minimum selling price until you exceed tit by bidding.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #7

Only note is the model does not is likely the 340 HP unit that will have a total towing capacity of 5000 LBS. You should really consider the 360BH-60 with the 360 HP Cummins and has a 10,000 LBS towing capacity.

We have a 2011 390RB-60 model and love it.

Good Luck

George & Diana
Old 02-12-2013, 12:44 AM   #8

I was told this has the larger engine. I am a boat dealer and I am not worried about the stated towing caps. My dad has a 99 Winnebago Vectra he keeps and we use as a spare. It has the 190 Cummins with the Allison World 6 speed Transmission and It can tow 10,000 WITH EASE. It will not win any races but the towing on the ISB or the ISX is not an issue, they will pull MUCH MUCH more than they are rated. I have pulled 35,000 with my ISB in a Mega Cab. Stopping it is the other problem. The freight liner chassis and air brakes are not an issue. This is the same air system on the Winnebago Tour. And the difference between the larger Allison's are only in the Sump size. IT has the same internals.

Question, some have brought up, warranty. Berkshire does not transfer. We service RV's and boats so the coach warranty is irrelevant to me, its all the same stuff. Does Cummins not still warranty this engine for 100k, regardless of what it is in. They always have? I will call Cummins Great Plains tomorrow. Cummins has NEVER cared where the engine was installed before, nor the warranty provided by the installer. If not, I will throw all the DPF junk in the trash.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:29 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawmarine View Post
Ok, ill try to make it quick. I grew up in Class A motorhomes. My dad was a exec at Winnebago after he retired, and I can still buy a NEW Winnebago at 15% below dealer cost. Well when you do the math though a SMOKING deal I still can not buy the diesel pusher I want at Winnebago. They command a pretty steep price.

I must go diesel since I pull a enclosed trailer, and my budget is lower 140k's. I am looking at the below coach. I still have kids and they love the bedroom in our Sierra 365SAQ, and I Need to find a bunkhouse.
Here is what we are looking at.

I know it has the Aluminum wheel upgrade and the larger diesel and transmission of which I really need to tow.

Are there any things I should look for in this coach. What is a fair value for it.
Thanks so much.
Paul
OutlawMarine,
We purchased a 2011 Berkshire 360FWS and love it. Price was very reasonable and compared to what you are thinking of purchasing, you have all the options including the upgraded engine, transmission and wheels.
The only issues that we have had on our coach is the rubber seals on the slides have come lose in many areas and need to be re-glued or replaced. Other than that it has been through heavy rain, wind, cold, heat and it just performs.
Make sure that you can see service records because low mileage or not, oil has to be changed at least once a year and there is a major 6,000 mile maintenance required for warranty that will cost about $3k and it must be done by Freightliner.
The engine and transmission are equal to none and I pull a Ford Escape on a dolly and don’t even know it’s there. Hope this helps!
Old 02-12-2013, 01:46 AM   #10

The wheels tell you that you have the bigger engine and trans. As for warranty, engine, transmission, Freightliner chassis, generator and many other options have their own warranty so just becasue the manufacturers warranty on the coach is for one year, other warranties apply. Another item to look at is in the picture of the dash, the rear view monitor is the same one that is used in the 2012 and 2013 models which means to me that this coach was manufactured in late 2011.